What's new

2.4 Tourer Front Brakes

-Rich-

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4 Tourer Auto
I had an advisory on these in November as the pads don't have much meat left, which I knew anyway.

I cleaned them up when I first got the car over 9 years a go but realised I have never actually changed them. The pads were done about 10k miles before I bought it so they're 50k miles old now. I've no idea how old the discs are!

The front discs are 300mm and I'm certain the pads are the ones with the elongated ends, or whatever they're called. Is there a way I can check without taking them apart?

I think I'll go for the mtec bundle on eBay but the photo of the pads is showing different ones. Has anyone used these or recommend some others that are reasonably priced?

No idea, I will have to get the caliper out and measure them but the minimum is 23mm I think. They're Honda ones and no mention of them being replaced in the history but I'm sure they have been!

The rear discs are Honda ones too and I've never changed them, only the pads for genuine ones. Nothing in the history about them being changed but they can't be 130k miles old, I suspect it's half that so they could probably do with being replaced too.

The front discs are 300mm and I'm certain the pads are the ones with the elongated ends, or whatever they're called. Is there a way I can check without taking them apart?

Take a look on here: https://www.parts-honda.uk/

Thanks, that's a handy link to have.

Think I'm going to get some padig discs and pads from CP4L. I've been reading mixed reviews for mtec, although I have used them before that was over 10 years a go.

Cox Honda have some genuine ones for a good price but they're still £100 more. I'm not sure how long I'll be keeping the car for so it's not worth spending more than I need to. There's no point getting some really cheap eBay specials as they'll probably warp the first time I stamp on the pedal!