What's new

Air con removal

silverVTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
CG9
I'm removing the A/C system from my accord and I need help on what AUX belt to use? Because obviously it's going to be way too slack when the A/C pump is removed. Did all 6th gens have A/C? Help appreciated thank you.

yea a/c came as standard your only real options is a belt from a d series may fit? or cut and stitch the belt but tat can squeak rip ect

I'd cut the old belt, run it round the remaining pulleys and measure the length required for the total loop . Subtract 20mm to give the tensioner something to work against, then look at an online Gates/universal catalogue for one that length (e.g. PK1750 = 1750mm length).

EDIT - hang on, I've just remembered you're scrapping the car!

Jon_G said:
I'd cut the old belt, run it round the remaining pulleys and measure the length required for the total loop . Subtract 20mm to give the tensioner something to work against, then look at an online Gates/universal catalogue for one that length (e.g. PK1750 = 1750mm length).

EDIT - hang on, I've just remembered you're scrapping the car!
yeah thanks for the input but the car has been sold on instead of going to the scrapyard so it should still live on! The people plan to use the car as a project.