What's new

Automatic Gearbox Service - 86k

FPL_WULF

Reaction score
Car
ACCORD I-DTEC EX GT
Hi

My Honda Accord 2.2 I-DTEC EX GT (2009) is currently on approx. 86,000 miles. I feel like my gearbox is due a service. I have seen that the oil change takes either 2.6L or 8.something L. What is the difference in these services? Would I be okay just replacing 2.6L or should I consider getting the full 8L replaced?

Also, is it as simple as draining the old fluid from under the car and replacing it with new fluid from the top? Or does it require some sort of tuning?.

Recently I had one of the transmission sensors replaced by Honda due to the red blinking light on the dashboard when in drive.

One more question, I have serviced the car twice in my 1 year ownership. Once it was a full service but excluding the fuel filter as the mechanic said it was not simple to reach. The second time it was only a oil change. Where is the fuel filter? is it difficult to reach? I want to make sure on it's next service the fuel filter is also changed.

Thanks

On your auto the fuel filter is underneath the vehicle adjacent to the tank at the rear.

The transmission fluid change only drains part of the fluid on every change, just drain from the drain plug on the box and refill from the fill plug. There is no filter.

The capacity is close to 8l but to drain everything out requires removal of the box and torque converter. It’s not necessary under normal servicing.