What's new

Bluetooth Audio

OEM+

Reaction score
Car
2007 i-CDTi Tourer
...apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I could only find info on threads relating to 8th Gen audio systems. I'd like to add Bluetooth Audio to my journeys without breaking the bank or swapping out the head unit - I have my Android phone linked for calls, but that doesn't cover streaming from Spotify, etc.

4f5131f6-bbe4-44e4-8ae5-e9593b072c8c.jpeg

I see there's an AUX option on my head unit, but I don't have a 3.5mm jack or USB socket in my centre console. So, ***uming that the physical input is behind the head unit and to save me the trouble of removing it, can anyone tell me what options to integrate Bluetooth they've tried and tested? I'd prefer not to go the FM Transmitter route, as I want to keep the steering wheel controls so as to avoid having to touch the phone to skip tracks.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

I've got a connects2 unit off ebay. Works perfectly. Connect behind radio, it will pretend to be a cd changer on aux. I've got navi but I'm ***uming it's the same on the non-navi!
CTAHOBT001 is the correct connects 2 unit i believe- mine was advertised as for a jazz and £30 cheaper than one advertised for accord. Decent quality, ran the mic onto the steering wheel column cover. Sounds good on handsfree, steering wheel controls work for volume, track changing and answering/declining/hanging up calls. Well worth the cost!

Thanks for the reply.

I saw those on eBay but figured that I'd lose the use of my 6-Disc Changer if I was to install it, as the description suggests that it plugs into the CD Changer port?

It does yes - I'm not clued up at all on that radio , but that's only relevant if you have an external CD changer. If an external CD changer is fitted. Certainly looking at the the photo of your radio it appears your radio is a 6 disk unit , so I'm ***uming you don't have the external one? If so, plug and play! the CD/AUX button will switch between the 6 disk and the bluetooth.

I think the best thing for me to do before taking the plunge on eBay will be to whip out the head unit and confirm exactly what 'free' connection ports there are at the back. That's a job for another day, so - thanks for the tips so far, I'll update the thread in due course!

If you load all six disks into the head unit, then you have a free port - if you have to go to an external CD changer then you don't!