What's new

Brake disc back plate

tunstall

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
Recently I became aware of a scraping noise coming from the rear off-side on my 55 plate Tourer. Suspecting that it was a brake issue I removed the rear wheel and saw that the metal plate that acts as a cover around the brake disc was very rusty and catching on the disc. I tried to prise it away but realised that it was only held in place by rust. So I removed it, but only the outer ring of the cover plate, the rest is still in place around the disc.
I ***ume that the near-side is in a similar state.
The genuine Honda items are still available at £111.00 each, and while I accept that the quality will be excellent, that price is a bit steep for a car that has passed its 18th birthday. After a trawl on the internet I came across after-market items from Kamoka - and a great deal at approx. £20.00 each. I ordered two - off-side/on-side - and hopefully will have the rusty items replaced soon. The quality of the Kamoka items is very good, although they are not identical to the illustrations of the genuine items that I have seen on the Honda parts website, the parts supplier ***ures me that they will definitely fit the Series VII Tourer.
Has anyone done this replacement job? Has anyone come across Kamoka parts before?

Also the Tourer's MOT is due in mid-October and fingers, toes, eyes etc are all crossed!

Many people, including myself, have removed them and never replaced and not had a problem
Yes Likewise !
There have been posts on here in the distant past saying it could be an MOT failure, but I've never had a problem.

yeah i ripped mine off a couple years ago and never replaced them.
to replace them will be a ball ache