What's new

engine swap

Decky Bates

Members
Reaction score
Car
1.8vetc sport
i have a f18b accord is there much work on swapping it with the ATR engine? what all would i need ? cheers in advance

Is there much work swapping an engine, yes. Is there much work to swap a H22a into a 6th gen Accord, no. Theres a guy called Josh on here who is currently in the middle of swapping a H22a into a 6th gen. Ive swapped a H22a into a 4th gen, but that is a little different.

BlueVTEC has also swapped a H22 along with lots of other work that had to be done to compliment the change in power. Few threads on it in this section.

one guy in Slovakia has same car as u and he swapped just H22 head. its kinda hybrid "G series" (lol) but he gained some hps. dunno what exactly he modified but he did it.

Theres no way H22 head will fit F18 surely? they are totally different, one is DOHC other is SOHC.

i know, but he managed to swap it and its working.... i didnt believe it till i saw it on my own eyes

Havoc said:
i know, but he managed to swap it and its working.... i didnt believe it till i saw it on my own eyes
we need pictures to prove lol

93 accord said:
Is there much work swapping an engine, yes. Is there much work to swap a H22a into a 6th gen Accord, no. Theres a guy called Josh on here who is currently in the middle of swapping a H22a into a 6th gen. Ive swapped a H22a into a 4th gen, but that is a little different.
If you get the H22A7 out of an ATR along with the ancilliaries, manifolds & ECU then you should be pretty much good to go. If you get a prelude engine then get one out of a 5th gen as it'll save you swapping engine looms over - also if you get a Prelude engine you'll need the nearside engine mount. I think there might be other bits but that's all I can remember at this hour :lol: fwiw I've got a new H22A on the way from a JDM 5th gen Prelude, plus I have my 6th gen Accord back at my house, so I should be updating my thread soon :)

Yeh post some pictures Havoc, I don't believe it, i'm sure it is technically impossible to do this.

i will try to find em