What's new

Engine warning light

johncbx

Members
Reaction score
Car
tourer 2.0 petrol ex
Hi I had to replace front part of the exhaust plus cat as the flanges had rusted away, replaced both with non genuine parts and all seemed ok. After a couple of weeks I got engine warning light come on, not running any different though. I have read online that this is caused by non Honda parts, I cleared light by disconnecting the battery for a short time but a couple of weeks later now back on again so question is do I need to change front lambda sensor this will be also non Honda or should I just try and ignore the light? regards john.

You need to scan for the error code first and share it here before anyone can advise. What year and engine?

Have it scanned but based on what you’ve described it’s possibly a lambda sensor error. Did you change either lambda?

I have recently just replaced my complete exhaust including cat and both o2 sensors with non-genuine due to my cat being stolen.
I don't have any errors which have come up from my o2 sensors.

Last edited:
Hi mine was fine from the beginning of June until the end of August then engine light came on , I haven't got round to having it checked out yet as its running fine. I will do eventually and report back here, hope yours stays good. regards john.