What's new

Factory xenon

Cl7eire

Reaction score
Car
Mk7 2.2
I'm looking to upgrade the lights on my 2008 mk7. The ones on it at the mo are halogens and are really cloudy. I was thinking about putting factory xenon units in. How good are the factory xenon projectors? Or am I better of spending €300ish retro fitting projectors and polishing my leneses? I've done retrofits before that that side I'm not bothered with, but if the factory ones are decent it would save me the hassel.

Polish the headlights and see how it turns out. I did a full sand and clear coat of mine and it looks as good as new.

Polish the headlights and see how it turns out. I did a full sand and clear coat of mine and it looks as good as new.
Yeah I'm going to do that this weekend because it will be better than they are now, but I still want to upgrade to the xenons because they're better than halogen, I just don't know whether to buy oem or retro fit projectors

Yeah I'm going to do that this weekend because it will be better than they are now, but I still want to upgrade to the xenons because they're better than halogen, I just don't know whether to buy oem or retro fit projectors
I'm sure you can find some 2nd hand OEM xenons online for cheap

I'd avoid fitting oem Xenons - afaik , loom is not the same, plus lack of auto levelling and all its ***ociated wiring and sensors. Retrofit sounds very interesting to me! I have some , questionable LED's fitted atm. Brighter than the cheap motor factor xenon's in my mate's Saab 9-3, by a notable margin - not sure on how far the throw is. That and changing headlights got mine actually decent - plastic was damaged inside on my originals, I got some off a crash damaged one in Upullit. Polished up pretty well!