What's new

Heated Seat Drivers Side

Howlinator

Reaction score
Car
2009 Accord EX
I've had my 2009 Accord EX for about a year now and it's the first car I've had with heated seats. The driver's side always took about 10 minutes before I could properly feel the heat properly kicking in, which I thought must be normal, as I knew no better. But last week I had a few pints and my weekly quiz night and my fiancee, who's pregnant drove us home in my car. I put on the heated seat on the passenger side and it heated up almost immediately.

Obviously, now I realise there must be an issue with the driver's side. Anybody experienced this and is there a fix?

In an unrelated issue, the A/C heat and cold both take a similar amount of time before working properly.

Mine does take a bit of time to warm up - maybe not 10 minutes though. I use mine all the time as I have a dodgy back and it really helps sooth it on long drives.

You could get a mutimeter on the connector and test the resistance and compare between driver/passenger seat to see if they're different values as a starting point? Whilst it's unlikely you could even try to swap the switches as thats quite a quick job, the gearstick surround/cupholder just pries straight off revealing the connections

Just a sign of it being worn? I'm not sure ... I know replacing the heat mat in the seat seems to be a nightmare job so maybe your only option might be a replacement seat from a breakers. I imagine the driver seat heater would generally get a lot more wear.

Annoyingly (at least in my car) you can't swap passenger and driver seats as the passenger is missing lumbar adjustment. I've done that in the past on other cars to even out the wear on the front seats!

Mine does take a bit of time to warm up - maybe not 10 minutes though. I use mine all the time as I have a dodgy back and it really helps sooth it on long drives.

You could get a mutimeter on the connector and test the resistance and compare between driver/passenger seat to see if they're different values as a starting point? Whilst it's unlikely you could even try to swap the switches as thats quite a quick job, the gearstick surround/cupholder just pries straight off revealing the connections

Just a sign of it being worn? I'm not sure ... I know replacing the heat mat in the seat seems to be a nightmare job so maybe your only option might be a replacement seat from a breakers. I imagine the driver seat heater would generally get a lot more wear.

Annoyingly (at least in my car) you can't swap passenger and driver seats as the passenger is missing lumbar adjustment. I've done that in the past on other cars to even out the wear on the front seats!
Very helpful, thank you. I don't think it bothers me enough to buy a new driver's seat, but if it's a connection issue, then it's worth digging around. Only reason it really bothers me is that they are full leather seats and can be quite cold at 6:30 am in the winter on my commute to work. The answer could just be to go out and start the car 10 minutes before I plan to leave.