What's new

Heaters stopped working

Ladylaura23

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord type s
Hi!

I have a 2004 type S and when I was driving along today the heaters just cut out. They were on almost full blast so it was like I’d just pressed the off button the way they just suddenly stopped.
I’ve checked and the coolant is fine and I haven’t had any other issues with the heating up time or anything like that.
I went along to my local garage but they said I needed to go to the electrical garage - this scares me as everytime I go there it’s a costly visit!
Anyway I’ve booked it in with them tomorrow just for them to have a look, but does anyone have an idea what it could be and how much I’m likely looking at? Really can’t afford it right now so if it’s in the hundreds it’ll have to wait ☹️
Also is it ok to still drive? Google has scared me!

Drain the coolant and see what is in the bottom of the bucket after an hour or so.

Syphon off the clear stuff and pour back in, topup with good stuff and repeat every day or so.

I'd be checking the heater motor fuse first

Thanks guys. Just got it back from the garage and it was the resistor! £30 for a third party part online and he’s gonna charge a tenner to replace it so can’t complain!