What's new

Honda Accord tourer/estate 2004 handbook

Oldsirhippy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 7th Gen
Hi,

Sadly my Honda tourer / estate 2.2ctdi, 55 plate has failed its MOT and needed too much costly work. It has now departed.

As a consequence I still have the handbook (C2004) with the black cover sleeve. It has usual grease smudges on the cover but the pages are clean.

Would anyone be interested in it? I would only ask you to pay the postage.

Phil.

Hello Phil - I would certainly be interested if the handbook is still available. The MOT for my 55 plate Tourer is due in October and with fingers, toes etc crossed I hope it will pass.
Please let me know about the handbook.

Thanks

Phil (yes - another Phil)

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your response.
I have just saved the handbook and cover from the bin as I had not had any no other responses than yours today. I'll go to the Post office tomorrow and get it priced for 1st and 2nd class postage. I will then let you know how much it will cost to send it to you. Would you let me have your address please?

I was sad to see my car go as it has been a very reliable, comfortable and well spec'd 'workhorse' but there were too many issues needing sorting after the last MOT, welding and other repairs that made it uneconomical to keep. So very reluctantly it went.

I hope that yours passes and that you get many more years of motoring.

Kind regards.

Phil.

Good to see recycling in motion.

I read your posts and thought you had a 2006 model and so didn't pursue your tales of woe in detail.

Which car have you had to relegate to ?

@Channel Hopper
Hi,

My Honda left in the morning on the back of a lorry that already had another Honda under the ramp - very sad to see my car go!

Then my son saw an Audi A2 Y reg - 2001, bought it that afternoon and drove it home.

Completely different car but has a large capacity boot + rear seats (when removed) and other gadgets. Only 3 Cylinders 1.4tdi but pulls well - so I am pleased that I can accelerate away. My Honda 2.2tdi was great at doing that! The A2 is aluminium so no rust ever which unfortunately my Honda was beginning to show and needed welding in different areas. The A2 is so light that we feel all bumps and dips in the road

btw apparently mine was a 2006 but registered in 2005 so I never understood that - but it was a pre facelift version so no trip computer and other upgrades.

Best wishes

Phil.

Also as a matter of interest re rust, I bought my Tourer in 2016 (2 previous owners) and one of the first jobs I had done was a complete underbody waxoyl spray to protect the underside. Apart from the rear o/s wheel arch lip there is no obvious signs of rust. I've booked the car in to have the rusted area removed and a new lip welded in, followed by the necessary body work and spraying. I will need to remove, or at least loosen, the plastic wheel arch cover prior to this and renew the various fittings that secure the cover.
Hope the Audi proves to be a worthy successor to the Tourer.

Hello Phil - payment of £5 made today and address is:

Phil Hickman,
2, Tunstall Lane,
High Offley,
Staffordshire.
ST20 0NQ

and thanks again...