What's new

Honda accordt type-s 2.2 D-tec black smoke and running bad.

Henke00

Reaction score
Car
Honda accord type S
Hello guys
I have this problem when i pushed the pedal to the floor in 3rd gear for fun something happend with car.There was alot of black smoke from the exhaust and its running bad and first I thought it was the injector so i replaced one but it didnt work and i got no check engine)can it be something with the egr or something?i have a dpf delete on it if there anything with that but it has been running fine until now(i will be happy with any sort of help from you guys:)

You need to have some diagnostics run but given you’ve got a remap, it’s also possibly a poor software calibration. Otherwise check for boost leaks and leaking egr.

F6HAD thanks for your answer,i will look for leaks and maybe take the egr out and clean it and could it be the map sensor being bad too ?i will check it as well:)

If i can’t figure it out i will just get it to a repair shop.:)

How long has it been remapped and has this started straight after or just randomly? Does the car exhibit any other issues?

It started after i accerlated hard in 3rd gear it was like something snapped then it started to knock and alot of smoke out of the exhaust but no lights on the dash. and it was super cold out too but the car wasnt cold i had driven it from work.but i dont know how long the car has been mapped for I bought like this but i have papers from a mapping company so it’s seriously done.

You may have split a boost hose.. check for leaks. But if it’s knocking then it might be as simple as a leaking injector or worse, internal damage.

It cant be the injectors and the car goes on all 4 cylinders but the car doesnt run good it runs lean. By the way Thanks for your help i can write here if i got updates,so sad the car has been parked for 2 weeks and i love that thing.

It cant be the injectors and the car goes on all 4 cylinders but the car doesnt run good it runs lean. By the way Thanks for your help i can write here if i got updates,so sad the car has been parked for 2 weeks and i love that thing.

A camchain that has jumped a tooth ?

It runs lean? If it’s smoking then it’s running rich not lean.. can you video the issue and the sound. If it had jumped a tooth it wouldn’t start..

I can send a video when i get home,
Yeah its running rich you right:)
my friend is going to bring a smoke machine and we will look for leaks :)
Other than that i will look at the egr and look at the intake sensors and see if they are clean

Yeah but this guy has the same problem as me
And his smoke is white too and the same knocking sound from the engine and his injectors were failing but mine isnt so it must be something with the fuel i hope.

That my friend is a bad map.

Nope I mean the engine remap. If you’re seeing white smoke and can hear knocking like that, and are confident your injectors are not the issue then in my experience with these engines it’s a poor quality remap.

Oh okey than i have to get it to a workshop i guess. I cant remap a car haha.

Just contacted my local workshop and they said directly that the valve lifters are bad without even looking at the car?could it be the valvelifters?

Get the car properly inspected and diagnosed, this is no way to diagnose a fault. Even our advice is based on guesswork at this stage.

Yes thanks for everything
I booked a visit at a workshop so fingers crossed that its nothing critical:)