What's new

How to remove rear seat base (7th gen saloon)?

JezUK

Reaction score
Car
2006 Accord 2.4 EX+
I have searched high and low on how to remove the rear seat squab..... the manuals I have and the YouTube videos I have seen state that there are two clips beneath each rear seat half that need to be squeezed/pinched together (by hand) in order to release the rear seat bench....... however, having gone nuts trying to find these clips and seeing nothing of the sort, I came to the conclusion that UK cars must be different to USA ones......

.......and then miraculously found this post by someone in the USA (https://www.driveaccord.net/threads/rear-seat-removal-sedan.41592/) and thought eureka, those Honda Accord rear seat hooks look exactly like mine......

However, whilst mine do indeed look very much like those in his photos (see below) he states that to get the seat base off you "simply put in a screwdriver in the loop and lift or twist/turn".....

I've tried something close enough to that, but am really struggling to believe that that would be the official way to release these correctly or without some damage/breakage.....

Can anyone on this forum please help me out, I want to do a proper/professional job of installing my reversing camera and desperately need this seat base out and off so I can route the camera wires correctly.

Many thanks.

Screenshot 2023-01-01 105541.jpg

Last edited:
Easy, just give the underside of each seat a sharp, confident tug from under the base upwards and the u-shaped bolts(?) snap out from their plastic housing - here's one I made earlier :)

DSC_0010 (Medium).JPG