What's new

I don't get this...

antdad

Members
Reaction score
Car
Tourer i-cdti 07
Not Honda related but looking for a cheap estate to replace my beloved Accord when ULEZ is eventually extended and came across this.

It's a diesel, Euro 4 yet according to the description and the TFL government website it is ULEZ compliant. How on earth is that possible when anything diesel needs to be Euro 6 (ish) TIA

I believe some of the 2 litre diesels from that year have a factory fitted DPF in the rear of the exhaust, though you would need to check the VIN number for a '5' at the correct spot.

Prospective owners ordering a car from a dealer could also have a DPF fitted at the point of sale, though the VIN number would not be updated to reflect this.

It is not uncommon for TFL to have errors in their listings, they prefer to nab you on ANPR only as it is the most economical way of tax collection.

I would say it’s just a mistake on the ULEZ database. It needs to be a euro6 diesel which even the 8th gen Accord IDTEC aren’t.

I would say it’s just a mistake on the ULEZ database. It needs to be a euro6 diesel which even the 8th gen Accord IDTEC aren’t.

Yes, but the database confirms it is ULEZ exempt.

I would take up the challenge, then go for TFL if they update after purchase, after all it was bought on the auction claim and verification it was exempt.

Yes, but the database confirms it is ULEZ exempt.

I would take up the challenge, then go for TFL if they update after purchase, after all it was bought on the auction claim and verification it was exempt.

You could try that but you would lose the battle. I know people who have been caught out by this, and in fact my own euro6 bmw was incorrectly marked on their database. I had it corrected as the dvla records correctly show its status.

If the logbook states it’s a euro6 then definitely worth a shot but I can’t see how it would. I’ve tuned these, they have an old French euro4 engine.

You could try that but you would lose the battle. I know people who have been caught out by this, and in fact my own euro6 bmw was incorrectly marked on their database. I had it corrected as the dvla records correctly show its status.

If the logbook states it’s a euro6 then definitely worth a shot but I can’t see how it would. I’ve tuned these, they have an old French euro4 engine.

A saving of £12.50 a day once purchased, weighed up against the possibility TFL may or may not update immediately.

For the auction cost of the vehicle it must be worth a punt, the current owner must be quids in.

It's SORN and no MOT since last December despite the owner saying it's no longer needed because he's just bought a van. Clutch pedal to the floor and plenty else potentially wrong with it judging by it's MOT history. Owner wasn't that keen on me going over it and even getting it started without commiting to buy which I thought was just silly or simply duplicitous, interest ended. Tnks for replies.

Last edited:
It's SORN and no MOT since last December despite the owner saying it's no longer needed because he's just bought a van. Clutch pedal to the floor and plenty else potentially wrong with it judging by it's MOT history. Owner wasn't that keen on me going over it and even getting it started without commiting to buy which I thought was just silly or simply duplicitous, interest ended. Tnks for replies.

A pity you didn't get the vin number from the windscreen.