What's new

I have a Build up of water in the nearside rear passenger foot well any advice?

John D

Reaction score
Car
2001 Honda Accord VT
Can anyone advise me on where the water might be coming from on my 2001 Honda Accord my neighbour is a mechanic and he says it is the pipes that drain the sunroof water could be blocked? I had this problem before when the rear washer was blocked on one of my car's but the washer is working so can't be that this time. Any advice?

Can anyone advise me on where the water might be coming from on my 2001 Honda Accord my neighbour is a mechanic and he says it is the pipes that drain the sunroof water could be blocked? I had this problem before when the rear washer was blocked on one of my car's but the washer is working so can't be that this time. Any advice?
I had same problem on my Accord - it was the plastic sheet underneath the rear door card that had come adrift and allowed water into the inside - sounds like the same problem ! Hope this helps

Is it a hatch? I have had a few leaks that were caused by the sealant that connects the roof panel to the rear wings going bad over time and causing a leak. These cracks are hairline and usually appear around the boot or hatch area or occasionally on the roof under the beauty trim.
I would suggest looking at all the points where sealant is used to connect body panels on the upper bodywork very carefully, lift the trim and check along there for signs of the paint having cracked. If you do find a crack, carefully clean it.
I had good success using Captain Tolleys creeping crack cure backed up by some polyurethane sealant carefully wiped into the joint.
You may need to check under the roof trim inside to see where the trail starts, summer time and a hose is a good time to check with some baby powder dusted to show any water trails.

There are several possible causes of water ingress to a foot well, from a damaged or deformed door seal to a blocked air-conditioning drain hose or damaged heat exchanger.