What's new

Injector problems.

rob88

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 icdti,
Hi and happy new year to you all,

Does anyone know if annealing the injector washer will restore any imperfections, my one is blowing, took the washer out and it has a slight indent I guess the diesel is escaping at this part, will annealing restore this?
I have new ordered one but won't be here for few days.
Also has anyone used helicoils for the clamp bolt, I'm fearing the bolt might shear at some point also. Seems a logical step or am I missing something.
Thank you

helicoils are a common fix for clamp bolt, work just fine, the bolt can and will shear , happened to me... still waiting on fix! New bolts available from honda dealers , aprox £7 each. Make sure the injector reatainer is seated fully down before putting bolt in, mine was just off and damaged the thread. Only worth worrying about if it happens with that.

Annealing won't restore inperfections but It will make it swell a little. Worth a shot if its just to keep you on the road till new one arrives !

helicoils are a common fix for clamp bolt, work just fine, the bolt can and will shear , happened to me... still waiting on fix! New bolts available from honda dealers , aprox £7 each. Make sure the injector reatainer is seated fully down before putting bolt in, mine was just off and damaged the thread. Only worth worrying about if it happens with that.

Annealing won't restore inperfections but It will make it swell a little. Worth a shot if its just to keep you on the road till new one arrives !
Thanks buddy, will wait on new washer as annealing didn't work fully, I'd try the helicoil in a fix, cars old now but want to keep it in the road as it's a good runner