What's new

K24A3 engine in the 2008 - 2015 model

amirul91

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord MK7 2.4
Had anyone attempted adding the k24a3 engine in the newer models of the accord 2008 - 2015, if so you have any guides. Really like the new honda accord models but the engine are weak and not good as the mk7. Hope someone can help.

I've not bought one yet but I wanna know if it's possible. As much as the mk7 is a beast i feel like the MK7 is outdated with standard features you'll get in a car such as auto lights etc. I really love the mk8 accord, features wise but the engine which is the k24z3 is pretty weak.

The k24z3 makes more HP stock and has stronger rods, but the lack of VTEC on the exhaust cam means its unfortunately not as tuneable. Some folks in the US have installed the k20 head and oil pump on the z3. I believe PLM make adapters for it. There’s videos on YouTube and info on the various American Acura/TSX forums.

Edit: meant to say I think it is also possible to install the k24a2 head on the k24z3 block, albeit with a lot of modifications. Seems to be quite a ball ache to do as much of it doesn’t line up.

Tha
The k24z3 makes more HP stock and has stronger rods, but the lack of VTEC on the exhaust cam means its unfortunately not as tuneable. Some folks in the US have installed the k20 head and oil pump on the z3. I believe PLM make adapters for it. There’s videos on YouTube and info on the various American Acura/TSX forums.

Edit: meant to say I think it is also possible to install the k24a2 head on the k24z3 block, albeit with a lot of modifications. Seems to be quite a ball ache to do as much of it doesn’t line up.
Thanks, been talking to few others and they said i can modify the z3 head, rather then a head swap. Make the inlets and exhaust hole larger, basically just port the z3 head n put cams etc