What's new

Lower Front suspension bush

powellste

Members
Reaction score
Car
56AccordSport i-CTDI
Hi,

Replaced the pads today on my 2006 2.2 Accord Tourer using the guide on here. Very easy to do. Anyway whilst i had the wheels off time to look at the bush that was mentioned on the last service (about 5000 miles ago). Honda have given me a price of £18 per bush with £110 pounds fitting per side! Both sides need doing according to them, although not until the next service, something to keep an eye on they said. I've attached a pic of the bush below (the only one that i can find is £18 and has any signs of damage), has what appears to be two small splits on each side. I did have a look after the service and its not gotten any worse, when i first looked i wasnt sure if it was supposed to look how it does as both sides are identical. I need to have the MOT done middle of this month, need some advise on if this is a fail item or not. There is not movement in the joint or any other splits. Thoughts please.
Thanks

Steve.

IMG_20101106_112024.jpg

Steve mate that looks normal to me, my last Accord had a duff bush and it looked worn and your looks fine to me mate...

So it looks ok then? Found a good site showing exploded diagrams of thing earlier, handy if like me you haven't found a workshop manual yet.

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_block_selection_C30.php?mod_01=699

Site works great off my phone. Time for a beer :)
Ste.

i had both mine replaced at last years mot along with the front droplinks using oem parts from honda up the road. The final bill including the mot was around the £300 mark :lol:

Ok thanks. Ill post up what happens at the mot. Thanks for the replys

Ste.

congratulations buddy :lol:

It's time to change them when you get metal to metal contact, and knocking noises. If you can see a gap between the metal surfaces they are fine. My mrs jazz has had advise warnings for the last 3 mot's re splits? still no noises coming from them. Don't know what it is with Jap rubber!!

the bush needs to be supporting the suspention arm. in your picture the bush has not yet split, its just a little perrished. they will fail mot if the rubber bush has separated from the metal outer casing of the bush. the arm will allso touch the subframe with the car raised.