What's new

meg g220 results.....

mohammed

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
accord icdti
well after a long wait to receive everything i needed from ebay(my cloths,swirl x, scratch x,and meg's nex generation tech wax,i treated the car to a good clean,firstly started off with two bucket method using megs gold car wash and sheep wool washing mitt, and using a different washing mitt to clean the bottom half of the car...

wash1.jpg

wash2.jpg

after a good clean,and dry off with a chamois leather cloth, i examined the surface for any dust or contaminants which may have embedded in the top layer of the paint, but lucky the surface felt very smooth so no need to clay, got straight to examining the surface for swirl marks...

swirl1.jpg

swirl2.jpg

sorry if pics no too clear(rubbish phone camera)but as you can see the car did have alot of swirl marks which were clearly visible under strong white l.e.d light(purchased from Wilkinson for 2.00), the light was good enough and strong enough to show the light swirls(i have though about getting some proper lighting equipment for showing swirls but near enough 400.00 pounds :D , so this good enough for the moment...lol B) )

this is the arsenal i had ready for the treatment...lol.... in all honesty i just used the meguairs swirl x, scratch x, and wax,there was no need to use the autoglym products...

myarsenal.jpg

i started off using the swirl x on the meg g220 on the speed setting of 3 then increased to 4-5000 rpm,this would help the swirl x work better as the heat would break down the solution more,after working the whole with swirl x, i decided that i also use their scratch x as an added treatment for the scratches which swirl x did not remove(not many to be honest)all the time working in a 12" square,in an over lapping motion,then i finished off using the nxt 2.0 tech wax to seal it all in(im really sorry guys that i dont have pic during the machine process,as i was working by my self, i promise next time a video... :) )the swirl x and scratch x was used on the yellow 7" buffing pads and the tech wax was used on the black 7" finishing pads... here is the result..(again not great pic....but do promise better pics with proper camera and video next time of whole process,as now i can wait for next time to clean my car...lol :)

aftermegtreatment.jpg

but as you can tell the finish is really deep and no more swirls... :lol:

all in all the meguairs g220 is a great d.a polisher with excellent results and makes it effortless work.....a great investment in some proper kit...
B) ) thanks ....mo..... :D B) :D

wow, good effort buddy. The next time you wash your car will be so easy now, the dirt will probably bead off when it gets hosed down as the body will be slippery clean now :D

thanks oz,yeah big difference before and after the machine use, also goes to show the quality of the meg's cleaning product's and why they have such a big fan base,i would defo recommend their products bro....really getting into detailing now...lol, yeah water just glides off even(found out on the way home from the rain :D )

sorry about poor pic quality bro,need to invest in better camera...lol

Interesting whats your thinking behind using a chamois leather to dry the car off, most peeps in the know use MF towls.

cj been reading up alot on the detailing websites,found alt of people recommendin the use of swirl x,2get rid of swirl marks,bt they used other machines like kestral's and rotary's,bt since i didnt want to burn my paintwork as i have never used a polishing machine before,i stuck to using the g220(after alt of reading on their uk meg's forum)which is literally fool proof &safe,lol.also on their website got alt of videos on how to remove swirl marks and they mentioned the use of g220..i used the leather to wipe down because i had left the use of my microfibre towel to wipe off the excess wax(should of ordered more microfibres..lol..)but i would just use any microfibre as the cheap ones can leave marks too..amir good to see you on here bro..finally..anytime bro pop round..lol

ok have you had any experience using megs 80 c j,is it any good for swirl marks...??? the reason why i used swirl x for the obvious reason, i did contemplate on using megs compound, but like you said due to fragile honda paint i left that idea out,and also didn't go too crazy with speeds on the machine and left the cutting pad out(no need)...lol ,but did speak to dan from meg's uk,regarding using the machine on honda paintwork, he said it should be fine.....cj is the meg's 80 used before the tech wax or is it top coat itself...???thanks for great knowledge again c j,hope you found a c j for the south by now...lol... :) :D

Good work Mo, I'd love to have the time to do some proper detailing on my car.

thanks fahad,yeah it takes a bit of time but defo worth the effort,if you down london bro pay me visit and il let you lose with g220 loll.... :D

Mo check out polished bliss website they do a super soft MF towel which is very large for drying the car its so nice to use

yeah c j you right mate, you cant get full 100% correction(not me anyway at the beginners stage) but how do i get onto dave KGs machine polish classes, did the megs 80 get ride of swirl marks bro,as this is the main issue with my paint work, not so many RDS in my case, but i have started to notice deep stone chips on the bonnet(alot of stone etc on road near me due to Olympic construction site),iv also heard some good stuff about dodo juice Lime Prime and Clearkote’s Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, but dodo juice lime prime does contain micro-abrasives so thought might be slightly aggressive...?? but both are used for swirl marks....thanks c j mate rep point on your way bud....p.s any other tips bro...

thanks andy checked it out mate ,they got some good big ones on clean your car too...

I used Dodos Lime Prime recently and got great results, it has to be work soft due to the abrasives but as its oily you get time to work with it.

Im quickly becoming a Dodo convert

lol,so did you machine polish or hand andy...???, anyone had any experience with Merenza polish 2, its meant to be good for getting rid of swirl marks on very light paint work...????

Mo check out polished bliss website they do a super soft MF towel which is very large for drying the car its so nice to use

Andy not sure your message on the drying towels is getting through, maybe worth a separate thread.

Chamois not so good, especially if you want to avoid swirl marks and drying towels are so much easier to use.

carl only used chamois as didnt have any mf towels at the ready......

Hi Sufian

I've just got a megs G220 for my birthday and cant wait to get stuck in :( But must confess i'm a little nervous owing to Honda's well known "soft" paint and being a total novice. I have read up loads on using it on Detailing World and printed off Dave KG's guide to dual action machine polishing. All I need now is a dry day :( Wish me luck.....

For info i've got ;
Megs 7" yellow polishing pad
Lake country 6" Black Finishing pad
Lake country 4" White Polishing pad
Lake country 4" Black Finishin pad
Megs # 83 Mirror Glaze Cleaner/Polish
Megs # 80 Mirror Glaze Speed Glaze
Auto Glym High Definition Wax to finish.

thats a nice bit of kit there bro,and like the arsenal of polishers too,yeah bud just carefully on edges , sorry for the late reply buddy bt post some pics bro