What's new

moan/groan

alarm1979

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.4 type-s
Hi guys looking for some help if possible. In the past 2 weeks my car (2.4 type-s) has developed a moan/groan when setting off from first, it only occurs when the engine is under strain ie: setting off uphill or pulling off on flat does not occur when going down hill. When the groan develops i can feel a vibration/sensation coming through the clutch pedal, i thought it might be the power steering pump but on full lock to lock there is no obvious noises, nothing untoward, the car also feels a bit sluggish when setting off also.
Any comments would be greatly received.

Its most likely to be the clutch bearing do a search there was a thread on this last month

Brett has hit the nail on the head. My 2.0 does this also. its the release bearing.

Unfortunately they wear with age and its a new clutch job.

Read this thread.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/3807-squealing-when-pulling-away-in-first/

guys is the pedal harder to push down as this is another sign.

Thats the thing my pedal feels fine, its not heavy its not slipping its just that intermittent noise and maybe a bit of jerkiness when trying to pull off smoothly seems i need to give it more revs to get her to go.

Does sound like the release bearing is what is making the noise. Giving it more revs to set off sounds like the early stages of a worn pressure plate.

where abouts is the biting point on the clutch?

Does sound like the release bearing is what is making the noise. Giving it more revs to set off sounds like the early stages of a worn pressure plate.

where abouts is the biting point on the clutch?

Biting point is fine pretty close to the floor actually, i tried pulling away with the handbrake on earlier today and there was no noise, then about an hour ago done the same thing and the noise is back!
How much is a new clutch anyway? is it ok to drive just now?

Mine has been doing it for about 6 months. It comes and goes and It is a new clutch job, £550 from Honda

I have no clutch slip and can live with it for the time being until i save up enough for a new clutch.