What's new

My first Honda Accord SE 2005

johnnyfingers

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 2.0 SE
Hi to all,
I am 71 and have had a lot of cars through my fingers, but as time has passed by I have always had a fond liking for the 2003-2007 Honda Accords.
I live in Ireland and most Accords here would have big mileage put up on them. This has never been an issue with me, its based on how well the car is looked after.
On the 10 of April this month I came across an Accord and went to look at it. I bought my scanner with me to check it over. The only fault was a voltage on the battery. It had been lying up a while,
so that would explain that. 2005 i-VETEC 2.0, very sound body condition and will make a lovely car with a bit of work. I bought it and it drove home 100 miles like a bird. The only issue while driving it was it was pulling into the left but other than that its a lovely driver and comfortable. It will outlast me that is for sure.
2 questions for the accord drivers.
1 What would be the best brand of engine oil to use, and should I use 5E 20, or 5W 30. Irelands climate is much the same as the UK.
Question 2
If I was considering buying a new battery, would I go for a 500 CCA and use the YUASA brand. Is there a standard for the 2.0?
There are so many suggestions out there, I would like to start off on the right foot.
Thats me finished for now, no doubt as time goes by I will need more advice and help.
Thanks a million.
My first post so I hope I have placed this thread in the right place.
Johnnyfingers.