What's new

My Megs (mega) G220 Day polishing

unclefunk

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord I-CDTI
Just thought i would let you all know how it went with my new megs g220 machine.

Spent all day Sunday, and i mean ALL day!! lol

1 Wash, 2 bucket method
2 dry with autoglym synthetic chamois
3 buff with megs water magnet ensuring all water from panel gaps, under wing mirror etc was dried
4 ta daaaaaa break out the beast....
5 attach black 6" lake country finishing pad and applied megs #80 speed glaze ( started with NO cut, just to get the idea )
6 Had to use a smaller backing plate (4") and black finishing pad for the smaller areas i.e spoiler, bumpers etc
7 Stood back and admired the results then covered her up.

I found it fairly hard work especially on your back around the difficult to reach areas like the middle of the bonnet and roof.
After about 7HOURS i was finished!!!
Overall i'm really pleased with the glossy finish, showroom condition. The only thing i need to sort next time is the swirls and rds, having said that most of the swirls have gone.
Should have some piccies up by tomorrow. ;)

P.S That night ( Sunday ) the mrs woke me up to tell me the cover had blown off and the car was now soaked as it was throwing it down and blowing a howling gale..... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! B)

Good stuff Tony cant wait to see the photos also you can come and do mine if you want ;)

Sounds like a busy day bet you where very tired after that, but worth it Im sure.

We just need some pics when the sun comes and its not so windy.

thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers.jpg

You seem to have the same disease as me - as soon as I've finished waxing the car the heavens open! Maybe the UN should send us to Ethiopia?

Just thought i would let you all know how it went with my new megs g220 machine.

Spent all day Sunday, and i mean ALL day!! lol

1 Wash, 2 bucket method
2 dry with autoglym synthetic chamois
3 buff with megs water magnet ensuring all water from panel gaps, under wing mirror etc was dried
4 ta daaaaaa break out the beast....
5 attach black 6" lake country finishing pad and applied megs #80 speed glaze ( started with NO cut, just to get the idea )
6 Had to use a smaller backing plate (4") and black finishing pad for the smaller areas i.e spoiler, bumpers etc
7 Stood back and admired the results then covered her up.

I found it fairly hard work especially on your back around the difficult to reach areas like the middle of the bonnet and roof.
After about 7HOURS i was finished!!!
Overall i'm really pleased with the glossy finish, showroom condition. The only thing i need to sort next time is the swirls and rds, having said that most of the swirls have gone.
Should have some piccies up by tomorrow. :D

P.S That night ( Sunday ) the mrs woke me up to tell me the cover had blown off and the car was now soaked as it was throwing it down and blowing a howling gale..... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! :(

Forgot to add that afterthe polishing i applied a coat of Autoglym High definition wax.....nice B)