What's new

New

PaulyMorley

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord es gt
Hello just bought 2009 2.2 idtec es gt tourer any info on faults to be on look out for much appreciated first Honda owned but must say well impressed although compared to my 57 Volvo d5 engine seems noisy

Welcome Paul all the info on faults are in the 8th gen section where you posted.TBH there is not that many yet

Check the speakers. listen at about volume 12 and listen to see if the bass chuffs. I used "Plan B - She said" the intro highlights a blown speaker straight away.

When I went looking at my car I turned it up too loud and couldnt here the blown speakers. After 5 miins of picking it up I realised 3 speakers had gone. Blackhorse car sales only changed the one speaker as they said the other 10 Accords all had the same problem. They are now paying Honda £230 to change my rear door speakers . :D

People that do short journeys have problems with the DPF but that can easily be fixed with a " DPF delete"

Check with Honda to see if you car has had the Excessive oil recall thing done.

Ive only had my car a couple of weeks and thought the engine was a bit noisy too but that was me just me reving it too much :blush: . Ive had to get use to the car driving like a petrol and now find the car really quiet.