What's new

Problem finding front wiper blades or rubber replacements for 1982 Honda Accord MK1 EX 1.6 petrol

dolardis

Reaction score
Car
1982 Honda Accord 1.
Hi,

does anyone know a place to buy wiper blades or rubber replacements for old Accord MK1? The original blades have a side pin fitment and not compatible with a more modern J hook type

Attachments

• 20240126_164844.jpg
    20240126_164844.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 5
Is it possible you can find a suitable blade that fits and insert it into your metal arm/bracket (if that makes sense)?

You typically get many different adapters when buying wiper blades nowadays, and its not unlikely there is one for the pin type of connection you have as well among them.

Have you checked out Autodoc?
Thanks, yes i have checked these links and tens more , no luck. The only thing I can think before having to try to find replacement wiper arms all together from modern cars is to buy J hook type end conversion kit unde the original rivet that has old connector , drill couple holes and replace original wiper arm en with J hook for new wiper blades but its seems a ridiculous just to have a working wipers. shame all the brick and mortar autoshops also cant help

even the rubber design is different than most available these days

Attachments

• 20240201_165836 2.jpg
    20240201_165836 2.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 6
I see what you mean, the rubber profile you show in the pict doesn't seem to be available, at least on what I did find on the net...

I had the same problem with an import car I had a few years back. I welded hooks on that I cut from a pair of old arms. The only problem was remembering what model fitted my car when they needed replacing. ! ( I should have wrote it in the hand book.)