What's new

PTFE wax/Polish

Liftec

Members
Reaction score
Car
Gen 8 es gt 2.2d
Has anyone tried this ptfe polish out? (ebay=ptfe car polish)
The advert reads good, just wondering if its a bit over hyped. Would be a bit nervous to try it out on my baby!!!

Moved to correct section.

Sorry, realised it should of been posted in this section. Bit obvious really!
I might buy some of this polish, & try it out on the company van first!

No probs mate, keep us posted.

Rob i brought some of this last year called permaseal and said it last for 10 years.I had to try it but guess what its no different to any other polish

PTFE based sealants aka Teflon which is a trade mark, have been around for years as have the engine products like Slick 50.

I tried a few in the 90's and they work like most sealants, but IMO if your going down the sealant route I would recommend Bilt Hamber auto balm.

I wasn't really sold on the " no waxing for 5/10 years" claim, but more so the high gloss/ wet look that really looked impressive in the avert.
There's so much polish/ wax products on the shelf. It's difficult which to chose!
Would it just be better to apply a good wax regularly , rather than go for a super dooper sealant?

Guys,
Can I just add, that I'm a novice ( which is probaly obvious!) when it comes to car care. So any advice would be welcomed! Cheers!

Rob as Andy said you cant beat Bilt Hamber auto balm.Its very hard to apply so it needs done in thin lares but the results are spot on.I brought the kit off ebay which includes shampoo / clay bar and polish it was around the £30 mark.