What's new

Random P 0193 error and motor stall on honda accord 2004 2.2 i-CTDi

kovacssupki

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 7 ictdi
Hi,
I am a happy owner of a honda accord. I bought it 5 years ago. All fine until last year. when I got random errors and limp mode on it.
First, it was just a map sensor error, it entered limp mode, and after a while, I got the P0139 error that stalled the motor. Sometimes I got the error when I turned the ignition without cranking the engine. Sometimes when the engine was running it just stoped, sometimes when I was overtaking the engine just stopped.

I managed to diagnose and change:
1 Map filter,
2 Fuel rail pressure sensor.

The first resolved the map sensor error. The second one was changed today.
I did not get the P0139 error yet but what I found is that it is more often when the weather is cold. So I am now testing it hoping it's not the fuel pressure regulator valve from the high fuel pressure pump.

The question is:
After changing the sensor, now when I turn on the ignition I hear a click after 2-3 seconds, (this was not there before) also on the OBD sensor, the rail pressure is 8 Bar and before was 40 bar. After cranking the pressure goes to 295 -310 bar in idle, here not much changed.

The question is, that click is normal? and also what should be the fuel rail pressure when the engine is off?

Thanks,
Alex.