What's new

Rear Parking Sensor Stopped Working

Frost XD

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord EX 2006
So the rear parking sensor on my Honda Accord 2006 EX have stopped working. They were working fine a few days ago, but I noticed yesterday that they no longer made any sound when reversing and close to an object.

I tried looking in the service manual for the fuse as I would’ve tried to check that first, but it doesn’t explicitly say where it is.

What could be the issue with them, and has anyone had this issue before? I took off the bumper to take a look at them, and the wires are all in tact, although there is some dirt on them. However I don’t think the dirt would made any difference?

If you have a friend to ***ist, is the reversing light functional ?

Sorry for the late reply had a bunch going on with the car.

Yes the reverse light works correctly.

I'm not quite sure how to diagnose it or find what could be the source of the issue.

I will be attempting to replace the parking sensor control unit and will see if that fixes it.

I'm not sure which connections you mean? The car plays audio fine for the radio and everything else.

Whilst I don't have PA on the tourer, I ***ume there would be an auxilliary input connection to the entertainment system which is activated when reverse is selected.

^my wagon has its own speaker, but it may be an aftermarket system

Whilst I don't have PA on the tourer, I ***ume there would be an auxilliary input connection to the entertainment system which is activated when reverse is selected.

I do have an aftermarket CarPlay stereo, but the parking sensors were working even after I installed it.

Ok I managed to sort it out. The hook thing that powers the sensor control unit came off. I'm not sure where it was initially, but I took off on the nuts for the tail light, put the hook on the thread, and put the nut back on. I can't upload an image as it says it's too large. Does anyone know where it actually goes?