What's new

Replacement headlights???

DOCC

Reaction score
Car
2010 Accord EX IDec
Hi all,

new here not sure if this is the right section, but i have just got a 2010 Mk8 CU3. The headlights are starting to show their age, but i know when you start restoring and polishing it never really stops.

however i have come across a company eurowagens.com https://eurowagens.com/headlight-left-black-honda-accord-09-11/

They do replacement headlights for £150 each, and the driving lamps for £30.

I just wanted to find out if anyone has dealt with this company before? Is the quality good? and more importantly, does the UV coating last?

Thanks to all the advice on here, i have changed the fuel filter; coolant, gear oil and engine oil (what a mine field) next, not necessarily in that order.

New lenses can be purchased separately on AliExpress for £18.81 each side before taxes/delivery. When I modified my headlights 12months plus ago this was the route I went. Still look like new so would recommend even if it was a pain to fit them. I'm guessing the aftermarket lights should last as well.

Driving lamps I'm guessing you mean the fog lights in front bumper? Mine was cracked and the aftermarket ones are glass like the original so shouldn't degrade too bad. I fitted a chameleon tint vinyl on the replacements but a clear tint could be easily applied before fitting to offer protection from stone chips/cracking.

New lenses can be purchased separately on AliExpress for £18.81 each side before taxes/delivery. When I modified my headlights 12months plus ago this was the route I went. Still look like new so would recommend even if it was a pain to fit them. I'm guessing the aftermarket lights should last as well.

Driving lamps I'm guessing you mean the fog lights in front bumper? Mine was cracked and the aftermarket ones are glass like the original so shouldn't degrade too bad. I fitted a chameleon tint vinyl on the replacements but a clear tint could be easily applied before fitting to offer protection from stone chips/cracking.

Do you have a link for the lenses at all please?

I did try and attach one but it doesn't work from the app. Try searching, Honda accord headlights, Honda spirior headlights or Acura tsx headlights. The search is rubbish on there but there are a few sellers. If you look at them it'll show you more sellers of them so you can find better prices etc.

Fog lights were also on there I bought a pair for £15 but they were on offer but was 12 months ago at least.

I did try and attach one but it doesn't work from the app. Try searching, Honda accord headlights, Honda spirior headlights or Acura tsx headlights. The search is rubbish on there but there are a few sellers. If you look at them it'll show you more sellers of them so you can find better prices etc.

How easy were they to fit? Had a 200sx in a previous life and they involved warming up in an oven!!!

Oven would probably been a bit better I used all the flat head screwdrivers I could find and a heat gun just keep heating all the seal until seal is soft being careful not to melt plastic and slowly prise the lens off. Once you get a screwdriver between the light and lense it's just a case of more heat then adding the screwdrivers to stop it going back together once you get half way a bit of brute force should see it done. Careful at the corners but it's doable and if you're replacing the lenses the old ones are scrap so you don't have to worry about them to much.

If I was to do it again I would use a box bigger than the light then have a hole big enough to insert the heat gun as a makeshift oven.

Thanks for the reply, your right, i did mean fog lights.
Replacing the lenses sounds a bit above my skill grade to be honest, would be worried about marks inside the lens ect. They seem to be hard to find aswell. I did find fog light covers on aliexpress, which look like a good idea (if they fit), and i like your idea on covering the fogs with clear vinyl, so thank you for that.

Ive been looking for replacement headlights and saw your post so i ve ordered a pair from eurowagens.

Thanks for the info its helped me out massively.