What's new

Reversing camera failure

Trawa

Reaction score
Car
CU2 Modulo 6MT
Out of the blue this happened... anybody got any clue whether the camera itself decided to give up on life, wiring loom issue or something else? Diagnostics menu in the satnav states the connection is OK.
20240130_144903.jpg

There's not much to the wiring of this, it's just 1x pin that sends a composite video signal, and a ground pin for said signal

There's a rather dogdy diagram of the wiring here that I made earlier! https://typeaccord.co.uk/board/thre...th-an-aftermarket-head-unit.27082/post-269251

Are all other colours on the screen ok? Im guessing if your sat nav etc looks OK then it's just the camera is broken in some way, unfortunately

There is some troubleshooting info in ESM you could try also - CU1,2009( TL19E00J36100000000FAAT20 ) (free.fr)

Navi is fine, quickly ran through the colour calibration screens, nothing is out of the ordinary. Just the backup camera signal.

Guess I'll be looking at another one from breakers...

Navi is fine, quickly ran through the colour calibration screens, nothing is out of the ordinary. Just the backup camera signal.

Guess I'll be looking at another one from breakers...

Looks like there's a few on ebay for around £80-90 mark. New from Amayama is £427 *cries in yen*

It's probably wroth checking the wiring at both ends as it doesnt look like too much work - the screen on the dash just pulls straight out with the help of a trim tool, you don't need to remove any of the dash just be careful not to scratch the surrounding binnacle. I think the camera itself just pulls out with clips but the connector might be hidden behind a trim panel.

Ripped the boot lit apart, disconnected the camera, checked for any signs of damage to the wiring, nothing... Reconnected the camera and the image was still distorted. Angrily slammed the boot lid and - you guessed it - camera stopped working altogether. FFS.

Oh no! Best to try a new camera I think!

If you get it from a business seller on ebay you can probably send it back easily enough if it doesnt work, distance selling regs etc