What's new

smokey cabin, possible fire

dieselfumes

Members
Reaction score
Car
09 accord
hey guys, new guy to the forum here,
just a quick question, anybody having any of the same issues with their dtech? on startup i feel there is a smokey cabin, not visable but the smell is there...
also there seems to be an intermittent problem with clouds of white smoke from the left hand side wheel well and coming a little from under the bonnet on left side too, (left is passenger.

i have always being in traffic when this has happened but after taking a run on the motorway it seems to disappear, it happens when im not even driving it any way hard or doing anything excessive... i didnt take a look under the bonnet when it was hapening because iv always been in traffic... all dials are ok, kept up with services etc... doesnt affect steering, handling, performance....
anybody possibly shed some light on this?
kind regards,
Ciaran.

Welcome! Reminds of what I read a little while back about the diesel heater kicking in on start up until it reaches a set temperature; you may well smell such fumes as a result of this; do you put your heater on first thing? others may well chime in here who have a diesel as I could be wrong!

I'm pretty sure you have a cracked EGR bypass pipe. The worst one I saw was Dan's (BlamesCL9 member id)

We solved it by blanking the EGR as part of a DPF removal and remapping it out.

Stick your head under the bonnet and inspect the bypass pipe coming from from the manifold at the front of the engine going round the nearside end of the block back to the rear to the Egr valve and then inlet.

Replacement from honda is around £500 if it is that.

Heater is generally left in on position so that makes sense, as for the pipe, my knowledge of cars extends to loosening the nut to take oil out and putting same in, sorry I'm such a noob....

If it is the egr pipe, ring honda and see if they'll cover it on the extended warranty, known issue...

Yes this is a cracked egr pipe, we can solve it drop me a line for details.

Hi everyone!
I was founded the problem and it was the egr pipe.
What was done by me and my friends: we got down the pipe, welded the hole and set up it back.
Will see it how long itll be able to work, i hope for the best.
Costs were for about 100€
Sorry for my not ideal English

Last edited: