What's new

Where to buy 7th Gens in the UK

Michael S J

Reaction score
Car
Accord 7th Gen
Hi all, long time reader and new member. I am based in Ireland and recently slid my beloved 7th gen 2007 off an icy road and into a hedgerow embankment on a country lane, smashing the bumper, bending the bar under the condenser, and the mechanic told me that the chassis is twisted (despite the fact it drove another 40km after it happened late that night - what a trooper of a car it was). He said it would cost about 2k to fix the bar running across (he said it was the headlight post bar or something related to that), and that I should just start again. Needless to say, devastated. Luckily i was only doing about 15kmph at the time.

Anyway, i'm looking to import a 2l EX from the UK, preferable 2006/2007 year, has to have cruise and preferably leather and wondering are there any decent sites or sources you'd recommend - i'm on autotrader, motors, and the local sites here in Ireland (not many accords here). Is there any other site or maybe a good source that you'd recommend keeping an eye on?

Many thanks

You have covered the main sites for sourcing the 7th gen. Unfortunately, with the trend for towns to charge to drive non-compliance cars, it's going to be more difficult to find one, especially one in good nick. Most are going to be scrapped.

A friend's petrol Honda CRV from the same era is apparently exempt from the ULEZ tax (London), not sure if it a 2 litre though.

How much is vrt going to be importing 1, i would have thought buy the time you buy it, pay for the ferry and import you could find a clean 1 over here for that money?