What's new

Why does it feel like I'm driving a cheesecake?

Alexz150

Reaction score
Car
2006 Honda Accord
Hello all

I've been driving my '06 MK7 Accord for a couple of years now, having changed the dead ECU, leaky fuel tank, leaking power steering hose and most recently, a driveshaft that caused a wobble under acceleration at ~70MPH and warped front discs that caused a shudder under braking. I also had the front wheels aligned, but one of the back wheels had some negative camber and the alignment didn't come out perfect (i.e. the wheel wasn't perfectly dead center) but it no longer tracked to the side.

I was very pleased with the outcome as the wobble, shudder and unintended turning left all the time disappeared - however, after 6 months the wobble has subtly reappeared, there is once again a wobble under braking (I did wear the discs in for several hundred miles) and the tracking isn't as good as it was (but not as bad as it was.) The only other relevant thing I can think of is that I suspect there is a lot of wear in the steering rack from the power steering fluid leak that had been ongoing since before I bought it, causing wear on other drivetrain/steering components.

I hope the saying "diesels thrive on abuse and neglect" is true, because this car gets abused cornering/accelerating. Can someone point me in the right direction for getting rid of these wobbles a bit more permanently? It's otherwise a dream to drive considering it's done 227k miles.

Apologies if the ***le is not appreciated.
Alex

Fronts are Michelin Primacy 4 from about a year and a half ago. Not new but still a lot of tread. Rear tyres are good but one is very worn on the inner of the wheel with negative camber.