What's new

Window not clearing when rolling the window down and back up

Frost XD

Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord EX 2006
I have a 2006 Accord EX. With my old cars, when it rained or the windows were misty, I could roll the windows down and it would clear it when it was brought back up. With my Honda now when I roll it down and bring it back up it makes no difference, all the water or whatnot is still on the window.

Is this an issue with the moldings or is this just how the car is? If it's not normal I'll try changing the molding and getting the parts 1 & 3 from here: https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-ca...IVE/UPHOLSTERY/MOLDING/17SEA01/B__4210/5/3322

I usually use the air conditioning to clear windows. But the moldings in my 06 Accord don't squeegee the windows. My 90's accord didn't either. When the air conditioning in that car broke, I carried a microfiber cloth in the door basket to wipe the windows.

I usually use the air conditioning to clear windows. But the moldings in my 06 Accord don't squeegee the windows. My 90's accord didn't either. When the air conditioning in that car broke, I carried a microfiber cloth in the door basket to wipe the windows.

Ok cool so I guess it's normal. by windows I'm mainly referring to the driver and passenger side windows. AC doesn't clear that.

I have to apply pressure with my elbow on the window when winding down first thing in the morning to clear, though it's not perfect.

It is an old jalopy, ultraviolet/moss/rot has set in (along with a whole host of living species over the years).

It would be a shame to lose the spider webs on the wing mirrors)

It is an old jalopy, ultraviolet/moss/rot has set in (along with a whole host of living species over the years).

It would be a shame to lose the spider webs on the wing mirrors)
So you have spiders on wing mirrors as well ? I thought it was only me : )

The rubber seal that sits against the window has probably shrunk and hardened and so is no longer pushing against the glass.