What's new

Macmillan cancer trust sponser

TheHole

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Honda 2.2 i -ctdi
Hey Guys. just trying to raise awareness for my dads fundraising for macmillan cancer trust in a few weeks.

Several years ago, My father was diagnosed with cancer. Fortunately for him and his family his cancer was able to be treated and removed before it spread.
Several of his friends and family have all suffered from cancer and most have been less fortunate than him with their treatment.

Simon has decided it's time for him to give something back to MacMillan. To that end he is going to ride from Lands End to John O'Groats starting on July 02. The plan is to ride between 120 and 140 miles a day and cover the route in seven days. His Wife Pat will be providing munch needed support, and all the money he can raise is going directly to MacMillan so please give generously.
A link to the page is here:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser...=SimonRobertsGB

What an amazing thing to do for charity. I already donate weekly to Macmillan. My mum had cancer and Phils dad died recently of it. It's a wicked, evil and s****ty disease that affects the lives of so many people.

That's why i'm a volunteer at St. Nicholas Hospice. People need all the support they can get in these times.

Adam
this is a great cause. I will donate to your father to show him my support. I'm very passionate about these things and some members may recall I walked the Yorkshire Dales 3 peaks last year for Cancer Research UK.

Good on your father for fighting though his illness and even more so to do this.

What a super trooper, good luck for your pops as thats an epic mission to do. I couldnt be bothered driving that distance let alone doing it on a push bike! I'll also donate when im home

done B)

Just wanted to bump this again to say thanks to everyone who has submitted a donation.

My father will be heading further south west tomorrow afternoon to get ready for the ride from Lands end to John O'Groats starting this saturday. We will get pictures of his journey through his event and relay them back here.

A big thanks again as he has raised over £500 which is great :D

Just thought i would provide a short update of what has happened.

Yesterday they set off from Worcester, so far they have covered 257 miles in 2 days with very heavy rain and rather unpleasant temperatures. My father has unfortunately picked up a cold / flu from the 'monsoon' cycling and is suffering with a poorly stomach.

They have Set off from worcester with the aim of getting to Preston by night fall (around 124 miles). They Almost stopped in warrington due to weather but pressed on to reach their planned destination.

After a long hot bath in the night they are now in the 4th day of the ride. they set off from preston this morning at 8am to head furher north... aim again is to cover 100-125 miles today but they may stop in carlisle (84miles) because the next jump up is a fair old treck up to glasgow...

I will try and update tomorrow morning on their progress.