What's new

upgraded clutch and flywheel for remap?

Paul979

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-ctdi
Hey guys im just wondering do u need to get an upgraded clutch and flywheel if Ur going to remap your ictdi accord?? Or if u don't will will u be putting them under much stress? I want to remap mine but the cost of a new clutch and flywheel putting me off :L

Depends on your car bud. What miles have you done on it?

i have 120k miles on the clock so prob will have to do clutch and flywheel :L

I would wait, or at least be prepared for a new clutch.

ya i say ill wait and save up some coin to get it all done in the 1 go, thanks :)

Tune it, if it slips then get a clutch done. You could use our file only service and tune it yourself and if it slips then revert it to stock as needed.

Hmm interesting,well at the moment i don't have the money to get new clutch,i say ill wait till the end of the summer before getting the car remaped,F6HAD do you have a thread with info about remaps by anychance?

Have a look kin the traders section Paul...under premier tuning.

No worries :D

Not much else to add the guys has covered this already.

ya i really want stage 2 remap with EGR off! too bad im over in ireland :( any1 know of any good places in Ireland i could get a good remap? :L

Paul buy a Galletto flash tool for £20 off ebay and use our File Only service, it'll work out cheaper and you can switch between maps. I'm not aware of any other tuners that can disable the EGR loop on a Honda ICTDI.

Paul buy a Galletto flash tool for £20 off ebay and use our File Only service, it'll work out cheaper and you can switch between maps. I'm not aware of any other tuners that can disable the EGR loop on a Honda ICTDI.

can u pm me a price for using the file only service,im really interested in this :)

Yo should have met the Jamaican geezer on Sunday Faddy- he reckoned he could have set it up from scratch in an afternoon :lol:

Yo should have met the Jamaican geezer on Sunday Faddy- he reckoned he could have set it up from scratch in an afternoon :lol:

Trust me there's allsorts of clowns out there. We've already stopped two (quite well known) tuners trying to steal our work in the last few months. There's a digital fingerprint in each map ;)

:lol: Bud this guy was nuts - I was getting high of his fumes. He started off being an iCTDI fan, then a tuning expert, then an ex military firearms expert, to a property tycoon who happened to know how to re-program an ecu after a few dyno runs :lol:

Thanks to Marcus for leaving me with him by the way ;).

I'll send you a copy of his business card if you want a London based franchisee? :lol: He even has a hotel to work out of and 27 other houes to choose from.

You gotta love London sometimes.

Sorry for the thread hijack :ph34r: