What's new

A-SPEC - SPORT SUSPENSION

mattlee

Members
Reaction score
Car
Civic 2.2 i-ctdi
ive been offered a brand new OE sport suspension kit for my 04 accord 2.2 ctdi at a bargain price thats so good it ridiculous......

my question is are the A-SPEC and sports suspension the same kit? ive read the A-SPEC is the US name for it..

has anyone had these fitted? if so whats the ride like after? apparently it lowers the car by 25mm and stiffens the ride slightly, but by how much?

these normally retail at £650 from main dealers according to Honda and put it this way ill have change from £300.

also how hard are they to fit? is it an easy DIY job or not? looking at it it seems quite straight forward.....

A Spec s different as far as I know.

I have it and it is a great - a little harsh on the rear, but it is a good balance of ride and handling.

Apparently not a difficult thing to DIY, but you need bodies to fully load the springs - but I am no expert :D

thanks Dan.

can anyone confirm if the 2 sets (A-SPEC & sports suspension) are different or the same?

the part number of the set ive been offered is - 08W60SEA600

There are 2 different kits, one for diesel model and one for petrol. afaik 08W60-SEA-600 is for petrol model only. The A-spec is what the US calls it, from my end i called it a honda lowering kit. The kit consits of 4 complete shocks and springs. The shocks are honda made and the springs are Showa B) Not sure of the A-Spec kit.

I have a petrol kit fitted and the difference it made to the car was unreal, so much more surefooted, makes me wish i'd more ponies to play with :(

PM Honda Holdcroft to comfirm if the kit will fit your car though...

The A-spec is the next big Upgrade on my list, a number of forum members have fitted this kit, take a look at Faddy's accord he has plenty of photos.

My understanding of the kit is that on our cdti's you get enough lowering to keep the car practical and aesthetically pleasing with Oem parts. The trade off is the coil-over kits are more flexible and can do more but they cost more and usually require camber adjustment kits and can take a while to dial in to your own preference but you get what you pay for.

The A-spec is a standard bolt on with no need for camber and toe adjustments, HH is doing an offer for about £500 for may check the trading section as part numbers are listed in the offer.

The only other potential costs when fitting this kit is that other suspension parts such as drop links, bushes etc may need replacing at the same time.

if you can source the A-spec kit for that price buy it, you could always sell it on within the forum as its a good option as replacement suspension for high mileage aging stock cdti's like mine.

ive just rang HH and they have confirmed that the kit is the a-spec kit and that it will fit on my car. so ive rang and reserved them until i can pick them up.

the reason they are selling them so cheap is that they are old stock that were ordered for someone but the replacement never went ahead....... so a great deal for me at £200 inc vat which i didnt realise it included. even HH were amazed at the price!

That is an amazing deal dude!

Dan its an amazing price that cant be missed. i just dont know when ill be getting them fitted though as im having air con issues that looks like a nice hefty bill!!!!

i think they will have to sit in the shed for a while :(

just been looking into it a bit further and found this info. my kit has the part number 08W60-SEA-600 it doesnt have an B or C after it but the diesel kit is SEF not SEA....... now im confused!!!!!! i dont want to go down the route of stripping it all to find it doesnt fit :eek:

Saloon

08W60-SEA-600B

Sports suspension (MT petrol)

For wheels up to 18" - spring & damper kit - suitable for manual transmission only

08W60-SEA-600C

Sports suspension (AT petrol)

For wheels up to 18" - spring & damper kit - suitable for automatic transmission only

08W60-SEF-600

Sports suspension for diesel

Includes springs and dampers - applicable up to 17" wheels

looks a big job so want to get this right before removal of the original suspension...

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/48-diy-pics-a-spec-sports-suspension-install/

just been looking into it a bit further and found this info. my kit has the part number 08W60-SEA-600 it doesnt have an B or C after it but the diesel kit is SEF not SEA....... now im confused!!!!!! i dont want to go down the route of stripping it all to find it doesnt fit :eek:

Saloon

08W60-SEA-600B

Sports suspension (MT petrol)

For wheels up to 18" - spring & damper kit - suitable for manual transmission only

08W60-SEA-600C

Sports suspension (AT petrol)

For wheels up to 18" - spring & damper kit - suitable for automatic transmission only

08W60-SEF-600

Sports suspension for diesel

Includes springs and dampers - applicable up to 17" wheels

Did the kit come with any instructions in terms of model specific info??

the box was open and there are no fitting instructions with it. all i can go on is whats on the box and the word of my local dealership that said they should be ok.... but after finding the different part numbers im not sure now :unsure:

this is an old kit that was ordered for a customer years ago but was never fitted, hence the older part number

i know for sure that the set will fit the 2.0 and 2.4 petrol models im just unsure if they will fit my diesel...

if not then they will be for sale

I thought there were only two kit types - Saloon and Tourer.

i know for sure that the set will fit the 2.0 and 2.4 petrol models im just unsure if they will fit my diesel...

if not then they will be for sale
it should fit the diesel no problem bud,the accord coilovers and suspension systems are the same for diesel and petrol only difference would be between the saloon and tourer

Given the way HH are advertisinig 3 kits (Petrol/Diesel/Tourer) in their link, I'd have to say there's 3 different types of kit??

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/9933-limited-stock-special-offer-on-7th-gen-accord-suspension-kits/page__p__111123__hl__lowering__fromsearch__1#entry111123

Tourer suspension is 08w60-sed-600

http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection.php?block_01=17SED01&block_02=08W6001&block_03=602

I checked the system here at work (I work at Honda Nordic) and it's a bit confusing.

I am ***uming that you're driving a Saloon as I couldn't find that the ctdi was available on the Tourer at 2004. Is it an automatic?

This is what I find checking the item number:
08W60-SEA-600 SPORTS SUSPENSION
Technical Description INCLUDES SPRINGS AND DAMPERS - ONLY MT - FOR KG 2.0 COMF ALSO AT

So, if your car is a 2004 Accord CTDI Saloon with manuell tranny then it will fit and work as expected, if not them it will fit, but the springs in the front will not be stiff enough (so it might sag a bit in the front).

thanks for doing a bit of research for me pointman thats very appreciated and kind of you B)

yes my car is a 2004 manual saloon diesel so fingers crossed it will fit and i have myself a bit of a bargain after all :D

so if this kit will fit on my car then why do Honda provide 3 different part numbers for 3 different cars? why not just use the same number and keep things simple....... :unsure:

so if this kit will fit on my car then why do Honda provide 3 different part numbers for 3 different cars? why not just use the same number and keep things simple....... :unsure:

Because there is ALOT of different part numbers for the Sport Suspension kit.

It started with 600, and then the kit got an update of some sort and got replaced by 601, and then once again to 602. Plus the different versions for different cars, 600A, 600B etc.

I can understand that the dealer got confused :)

Hi mate no ive not had them fitted yet due to other things needing attention first....

if for some reason they dont fit i will let you know but going on what ive read and been told they should be fine. i hope....