What's new

Just got P2138 and P1248 faults

babak

Members
Reaction score
Car
2008 Accord I-CTDI
Coming home from work today, as I was stopping at a red light check engine came on as well as VSA.
Car went completely limp and holding steady at about 1100 RPM (no change in RPM while pushing/releasing gas pedal!).

I turned it off and read codes and got P2138 and P1248.

Started it back up a few minutes later, check engine still on but gas pedal problem was gone and could now drive off. Car was not in limp mode and was boosting freely.

Weird situation and really irked me and ****ed me off. The last fault code I got was a few months ago when starting it up from cold I got a p1064 code which went away by itself after a short bit.

Anyway, I'm taking it in to Honda tomorrow but any suggestions/advice would be great.

These are codes for the accelerator pedal position sensor this sensor fails and causes these issues.

Throttle position sensor.

Remove the sensor and give it a good clean with compressed air and refit it and hopefully your issue will be solved. They do get dirty.

Coming home from work today, as I was stopping at a red light check engine came on as well as VSA.
Car went completely limp and holding steady at about 1100 RPM (no change in RPM while pushing/releasing gas pedal!).

I turned it off and read codes and got P2138 and P1248.

Started it back up a few minutes later, check engine still on but gas pedal problem was gone and could now drive off. Car was not in limp mode and was boosting freely.

Weird situation and really irked me and ****ed me off. The last fault code I got was a few months ago when starting it up from cold I got a p1064 code which went away by itself after a short bit.

Anyway, I'm taking it in to Honda tomorrow but any suggestions/advice would be great.

The code p1248 is APP Sensor A/B Incorrect Voltage Correlation
The code p2138 i cant find but are you sure its not DTC P2128 As this is the closet i found
APP Sensor B Circuit High Voltage

Hope this helps a little.

The code p2138 i cant find but are you sure its not DTC P2128 As this is the closet i found

: p2138 code is:throttle position sensor incorrect voltage

These are codes for the accelerator pedal position sensor this sensor fails and causes these issues.

Throttle position sensor.

Remove the sensor and give it a good clean with compressed air and refit it and hopefully your issue will be solved. They do get dirty.

is the correct sensor in the first picture of this thread or am I way off?
http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/4839-accelerator-sensor-cable-slack/

Yup definitely sure on the codes I posted. I also found that it is something related to throttle and voltages.

PM Monks. He had a similar issue to you and cleaned his TPS. He should be able to give you some useful pointers.

N22A1_cdti_accord_01_06_eng.jpg

Take a look at this thread.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/8697-throttle-position-sensor-replacement-icdti-07/

Nice find Neal i remember this now.

I just unclipped the sensor and gave both ends of the connection a good spraying with compressed air.
Hope it was indeed a bit of dirt that got in there but to be honest the connections looked perfectly clean to me.

Check engine light is still on but AFAIK it should go out by itself.

Thanks for the help crespo, if it comes on again ill be heading to Honda for a diagnostic but for now ill wait and see.

Same problem with my 2004 i-cdti. Ended up with: http://electronics.kanna.era.ee/?p=221

Welcome to TA Kanna and thanks for sharing. The pictures in your link don't work however.

Same problem with my 2004 i-cdti. Ended up with: http://electronics.kanna.era.ee/?p=221
Welcome Kanna and as Fahad said i cant open the pics in your link.

:lol:

"DISCLAIMER!

This webpage contains google webp image formats. Use modern browsers to veiw :)
"

:lol: I love it. What a great disclaimer to put at the top of your web page. Use a modern browser fool! Needless to say I can't see your pictures either :lol: .

Anyway, the link on your page has lots of info and I ***ume is the same or similar stuff to what's on your page right?

Thanks for the input Kanna and welcome along to Type Accord.

:)

I am using chrome and it works fine for me. Welcome fella and good info.
th_thsmiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

I should have stayed quiet on the recent threads, I went on a relatively long journey today and this pair of numbers came up on the reader.

Babak's post mentions blowing air from a compressor and I ***ume it is just the electrical plug at the sharp end.

Another post (that I cannot find) mentioned drilling into the console and spraying contact fluid inside, but I cannot find it.

Can somebody please post a pointer to it ?

Thanks in advance