What's new

type s to euro r conversion

madman

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda civic
hello folks

I was thinking which parts will need replacing to convert Type s 2.0 CL9 to Euro R and what will be overall cost.

hello folks

I was thinking which parts will need replacing to convert Type s 2.0 CL9 to Euro R and what will be overall cost.
what year bud...mostly cosmetics stuff if your talking looks wise,take a look at my build thread,its a 2.2 diesel but dressed up as a euro r :p :D

what year bud...mostly cosmetics stuff if your talking looks wise,take a look at my build thread,its a 2.2 diesel but dressed up as a euro r

i'm thinking of buying 2004 2.0 type s saloon but want to carry out full conversion engine,gearbox,interior etc

i'm thinking of buying 2004 2.0 type s saloon but want to carry out full conversion engine,gearbox,interior etc
im going to be completely honest here bud, that will not be worth it,the parts for euro-r are rare,and when they u for sale go for big money,ill be suprised if you can get hold of engine and running gear,then you have the interior which is highly sort after,your best bet would be to source a real euro-r it will prob worth it in the long run,and it will be genuine too B)

im going to be completely honest here bud, that will not be worth it,the parts for euro-r are rare,and when they u for sale go for big money,ill be suprised if you can get hold of engine and running gear,then you have the interior which is highly sort after,your best bet would be to source a real euro-r it will prob worth it in the long run,and it will be genuine too B)

that is true was a thought if only i know how to import one myself rather going through trader who will make big chunk.

that is true was a thought if only i know how to import one myself rather going through trader who will make big chunk.
that will be great especially if you go out and source one your self,but there is a few floating around with uk imports dude,try pistonheads

they are over priced its better to source one yourself and import it

Yeah, the cost of converting a Type S to Type R 7th Gen would be astronomical. You'd be better off sourcing and importing one.

Get one from ireland

Get one from ireland

Funny, they are pretty common over here. In so far as if you're looking at Accord's you'll regularily see one. Advantage for UK owners is that the reg process is very simple.

Wow just looked up the price of these in the UK, I need to start importing and selling these myself. :)

Yeah lad, best get one from my neck of the woods as the Jap Yen is too strong for importation nowadays. check this website www.donedeal.ie and search on cl7.

what is criteria for buying euro r or any car from ireland bring it back to UK

The lads beat me to it, but yeah, buy one over here and get it back on the ferry. Surely then you just have to re-register it!

There's a few for sale but one going at the minute for 6,500 euro, that's only £5,225!! My link And re-registering can't be that expensive. And when you consider the cost to buy a genuine engine and box for a conversion, it's a no brainer!! :)

Trust me, you won't regret it!! I love my car more than I could love a human baby...

OMG! Thats CHEAP!

Looks like the icetronix demo euro r they supercharged.....?

OMG! Thats CHEAP!

Looks like the icetronix demo euro r they supercharged.....?

It's ridiculously cheap! Not sure it's the one that was supercharged though, I think that was
Robbie's actual car they did that too.

There are quite a few blue ones floating around.

Lovely white one for sale for ten grand too.....

that is a cheap car how does euro r cl7 compare to 2.2 uk accord type r?

There's no such thing as a 2.2 type r in the 7th gen. 6th gen yes.

There's a 2.4 type s, no type r, just the import only euro r.

Yep - coupled with stupid road tax means any decent displacement cars are for peanuts

No tourer euroR... There was and AWD one sold in Asia PAC that's about it... CM3 I think

Mike if you come across a Euro for sale for uner £6K let me know mate.

Mike if you come across a Euro for sale for uner £6K let me know mate.

Mate this one My link is only £5,225!! You could get the ferry over, buy it, and ferry back for well under 6k! That's ***uming it's all above board!