What's new

Voice commands in English

Julianp

Members
Reaction score
Car
2012 Type-S i-DTEC
Hi everyone,
My second question on my new Accord (a 2012 Type-S diesel saloon) is about the voice recognition system to send spoken commands for the audio, satnav, aircon etc. I purchased my car new in France and so it comes with all the manuals in French. I know I can change the language to English and I'd be interested in trying this out: I am bilingual in English and French so its not a problem, but I am curious to try it in English as well :)
The most common voice commands are listed at the back of the full satnav manual. Does anyone have a PDF version of the satnav manual in English that I can look at? Or failing that, would anyone have the time to scan the couple of pages with those commands listed? I'd really appreciate your help here.
Thanks so much,
Julian.

Cannot really speak for the 8th Gen, however on the 7th Gen if you say "help" to the voice command it lists all the voice commands.

Maybe worth a try ?

Try setting the sat nav language to English, once done you should be able to hit the info button and select voice commands (help) and it lists the full range of commands in the selected language.

OK, thanks, if nobody has the documentation I'll try saying Help and get my notebook out!
Cheers,
Julian.

Pictures coming very soon to ***ist you!

91e2ecbc.jpg

cc1db077.jpg

13ecfa16.jpg

45dcacf8.jpg

4e0072f6.jpg

9de1feae.jpg

5e3e08bf.jpg

e713fc72.jpg

d62dd46c.jpg

1a55680a.jpg

Below are pictures of the voice commands

fc5079b2.jpg

ab4f990a.jpg

1cb8b3e5.jpg

943705df.jpg

2ae2bc9d.jpg

f9effba7.jpg

44ec5dcb.jpg

5b3251b4.jpg

b631503b.jpg

Thanks, James, a member of another Accord forum also scanned in the relevant pages from the manual for me. But great to have this documented on the site for everyone to see.
Regards,
Julian.