What's new

Diesel air induction tests

joooe

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 i-CTDi
*** Waits for CJ to say 'I TOLD YOU SO' :wub: ***

I knew that the result would be something like that.
biggrin.gif

The only real question is a marginal money saving with the reusable filters.

And a new MAF, maybe.
laugh.gif

I think Relic sums it up great

Relic quote - Its not a question of other kit is *****.
Its more a question of the Honda kit is so damn good

I don't want to start of an argument over honda air filters and re-useable air filters....

However, I stated previously on the old forum - The paper filter is as good or better than the re-usable ones when they are new. It is when the paper filter starts to be used it becomes more and more blocked resulting in less airflow, how noticible this is over time would need some scientific tests.

Pete Im hearing you fella, thats why I always change mine every 12 months instead of 24 as per honda service schedule. Now this then raises the whole reusable better value for money ect...

Then you will also get people saying "well what about the increased filteration OEM offers over AF options.

I guess it just depends on what your looking for with filters.

Changed my air filter the other week after 10K and less than 6 months. It still had its original colour showing through but only faintly on around half the filter. I wouldn't want to leave it much more than a year, and we live in a relatively rural area and the car rarely goes into a city.

I'm with you too Pete - and just like Andy, I also change mine every other service - and my car is serviced twice a year at least.

Honda is a engineering company first , the rest secondary! Honda cars are already tuned perfectly form the factory for all round performance.
Not quite perfectly... the Elite remap from Mr Fahad??? :ph34r: :D :p

Well we'll give them the first attempt at the diesel... Not sure about the new DTEC though :rolleyes:

Guys, I get where CJ is coming from - and I have to be honest, since knowing him I'm really getting more and more interested in Honda's pedigree and ethos for engineering excellence.

CJ is a purist, pure and simple. If it's not made or designed/endorsed by Honda... it's not really going to be good enough. And that's fair enough, I respect him for that.

I'm sure Honda would not approve of tuned/remapped cars, as would no other manufacturer... But everyone is free to do whatever they want to their own personal ***ets, and make whatever improvements/enhancements they see fit. Afterall that's TA is all about, a community of interest for like minded people seeking to appreciate and share ideas on how to improve their common interest, the Accord.

We'll never all see eye to eye... but that's part of the fun :rolleyes:

You only have to watch the Honda TV adverts to know that Honda San would appreciate what a decent (there by Elite) remap can do for an i-CDTI engine. As the argument that has been laid down before goes - the engine has to cater for all markets and fuels, of all qualities. We are lucky (most of us anyway) to live where the fuels and fluids are of a very high standard so we can push the engines to the limit.

I very much doubt Honda Sōichirō would begrudge us that performance from such a beautifully designed engine - CJ can you post that link to vid showing the design and build of the i-CDTI?

To be fair, this thread is about aftermarket filters - let's keep it on topic :lol: