What's new

CTDI Remap

lenis

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord ctdi sport
Hi All,

first post - have just picked up my Accord Cdti sport, the new family wagon.
Have had a few Honda's previously including a couple of type-r's (ep3, dc2) and would like to get a little feedback from anyone who has remapped their car.
I have had a search and have found the details of Elite.

From those who have had this remap I appreciate the increase in torque and bhp but what about economy, exhaust smoke levels etc?

Just trying to work out what (if anything) is a negative to the remap?!

Cheers
Len

Hi All,

first post - have just picked up my Accord Cdti sport, the new family wagon.
Have had a few Honda's previously including a couple of type-r's (ep3, dc2) and would like to get a little feedback from anyone who has remapped their car.
I have had a search and have found the details of Elite.

From those who have had this remap I appreciate the increase in torque and bhp but what about economy, exhaust smoke levels etc?

Just trying to work out what (if anything) is a negative to the remap?!

Cheers
Len

Hi Len
I had my 2004 ctdi exec remapped by Elite a few months back and I can only say good things about it. Turbo cuts in slightly earlier, more torque and it stays on boost up to the red line. Before the the remap, power was only between 1800 and 3000 revs. I drive it sensibly most of the time doing quite high mileage and I get an easy 50mpg, more if I have an even lighter foot. Some of the lads have said they get more smoke when accelerating hard after remap, but I have never seen that problem when I look in my mirror. It was nice to drive when I bought it and I came straight from an ep3 type R. It's just so much better now though. John

Hi Len.

I also deal for Elite remaps.

I have had my car mapped for over a year now and really do enjoy the car so much more.

MPG wise... if you drive carefully around town and do a little bit of motorway (i drive 14 miles to work everyday and i would say 8 miles of that is motorway) and i get roughly 52 - 55 mpg.
If I go on a long motorway trip, like i did last weekend to zent and back (336 mile trip), I managed to get 62 mpg sitting at 70 on the satnav.
if you only do town driving then expect to see around the 45-48 mark.

If you put your foot down and enjoy yourself that little too much I have worked out that i have seen low 30's.. (32.4mpg to be exact) but that really was being naughty!

Generally though you will find the re-map will add a huge lump of torque low down in the rev range enabeling you to change gear earlier and use 'more' of the gear speeds.
the car can quite happily site at 30mph in 5th gear, but I normally chose 4th.

Smoke levels are an interesting one that people will ALWAYS bring up.
your car WILL smoke IF:
1) your air filter is very dirty
2) your car has not been on the motorway in some time.

I for one run Vpower diesel and hardley see any smoke. Most of my friends state that if i put my foot down there is a little puff but it goes away almost instantly.
even though the car doesnt have a PDF its remarkably clean :D.

I hope that has answered some of your questions

Adam

Hi and Welcome mate (Make sure you get some pics of your motor on)

Had my 2005 remapped some time since (Was it earlier this year faddy? Cant even remember)

Would never like to let the car go back to the way it was before. Power delivery is far better, I've had no excessive smoke and no negative effect on mpg (Pre-facelift so I've no way of 'accurately' tracking this without counting, which I've no interest in doing)

Car has 110k on the clock at the moment - besides the manifold (common issue - warranty) and the clutch (see below) have had no problems

A short while after having mine done, the clutch started slipping - the map doesn't cause this, it just makes the problem rear it's ugly head quicker than it would. The reason I mention this is so you're not surprised, you're asking for the 'negatives' so I'm making you aware.

Thing worth thinking about is - one replacement clutch and £545 later - I still don't regret having the map done at all - completely worth it, and as said - the map doesn't cause the issue, it would happen anyway to be honest regardless of a map, but if you ask more from the engine then you're bound to put it under more strain.

I also run V Power diesel and wouldnt run anything else unless I was completely stuck for fuel. Check your oil regularly (though they are quite good for not supping oil to be fair), keep the car serviced and make sure you use 0w30 fully synth (details are elsewhere on forum) and the car will take care of you for a long long time without issue. Oh and before I forget, let the turbo cool off after giving the engine a thrashing - will help turbo life :blush:

If you're unsure - pop along to the Meet at the end of October - plenty of us diesel owners will be there, all with the Elite map (any celtics around actually?) and I'm sure people will be happy to take you for a spin (myself included)

Overall, and in short mate - Highly recommended.

Hi mate, I am running the second stage map at the moment and it is great fun, but I am putting it back to a stage one purely to reduce the strain on the transmission. As far as the drive and fuel economy - well it should be factory standard IMHO.

Other than that I can not add much to comments above. Come to a meet - or contact some local members (I am not that far from you) and you can easily wangle a test drive.

Welcome along mate, once you make some more posts your account will be fully unlocked to full member status and you can access the Elite Remaps section - there is plenty of feedback in there on the service we provide.

Cheers

Thanks for the responses everyone. Seems as though everyone has good reviews of the remaps and I have pinged an email to elite for some more info.

Car feels great by the way, the 2.2 is very refined for an oil burner in my opinion and seems to match that of my last 2 ltr bmw diesel company car.

The sat nav/hft will take some getting used to though - yesterday I tried calling the wife and somehow turned the a/c on!

Thanks for the welcomes

Len

im interested in this remap, i have a question though about the harm it may cause on the clutch/transmission with the extra power?

Jon, if you read the thread properly and do a search you will see that these cars have a known problem with a bad design of the pressure plate. This means that whilst at the moment your clutch might seem ok, the extra power from the remap might expose the problem. There is always a risk.. but it's important to point out that the clutch never fails instantly, it's a gradual weakening or self adjusting of the springs to the point where they can't exhert enough pressure on the friction plate.

Anyways the good news is that Honda now offer a clutch replacement at fixed price of £585 for the Accord so it's not the end of the world if it does happen :(

Remember, your car doesn't have to be remapped to suffer this clutch problem, many members have had to replace clutches before a remap (mine was also replaced before 28k miles from new).

Jon, I can also confirm this. Mine was slipping at 56k just after i got the car which was pre map, it was slipping slightly in 4th and a bit in 3rd. Once I got the map done it was a bit more prominent as it obviously has more power and torque. I decided after a month that it was about time to change the clutch as if it keeps slipping I guess that it could cause some damage to the flywheel and I could feel it slipping in 5th as well.

Basically what I am saying is my car would have needed a clutch either way. I suspect at least 50%, probably nearer 75% of diesel owners on here have now had there car mapped and not looked back.

Hope that this helps Jon.

Definitely get it done matey - remember you don't have to use the power all the time. The wear and tear to your clutch and transmission will be dependant on your driving style. Mine is quite aggressive hence reverting to to the first stage map - but I would never ever consider going back to factory. If you can make to the HH meet I am sure one of us can let you have a spin.

I had my clutch changed before the map at 125K - and it was really goosed. Now there is a Honda Happiness price promise things are happy days. If I thrash the car then I deserve early clutch failure - it would be the same with or without the remap.

Faddy mate - we expect commission you know ;).

^^ Exactly :lol: You're saving almost £100 on our £249+VAT price.

But I take your point, next time we meet - I'll buy you a drink :)

Only yanking your chain matey I wouldn't want to bankrupt you :rolleyes:.

thanks for all the advice guys, Fahad is making the trip over to remap the car in a week or so for the £199 price. Can't wait!

lucky man:):D
keep us updated how you like it mate ;)

thanks for all the advice guys, Fahad is making the trip over to remap the car in a week or so for the £199 price. Can't wait!

Just to clarify - that's only because I will be in the area ;)

Speak next week mate.

Thought I would bump this with an update following my remap for anyone considering it in the future.
Firstly Fahad is a utterly nice chap who not only has a genuine interest in the Accord but also this forum. Great knowledge and he left me with no doubt that he knew what he was doing.
Remap took no more than 20 odd mins from start to finish and was followed by a test drive.
First impressions were excellent - genuinely I can't understand why the engine doesn't leave the factory with a higher output as this is how it should have been from stock.
Much more pull and power from lower in the range until the red line. Performance feels much closer to my last cc (320d 177hp) and exactly what I was looking for.

Circa 1200 miles in now.
MPG constant at 47 ish mpg / 620 miles from the last tank of vpower (the same as I was getting pre map despite heavier right foot action..)
Smoke - more than stock under hard acceleration. Expected by me though frankly it's not that significant enough to be an issue.

All in al very happy. I'd recommend it to anyone who has the diesel.

Cheers
Len

p.s. must get post count up

Thanks Neil, great feedback and glad you are pleased.

Now stop lurking and start posting :D

hmmm. newbie too ad liking all this remap threads....
but as i dont have full access and have a few questions of my own i'm going to start a new thread! though i may be asking some of the same questions as previous peeps....
how to get the balance between asking the same question ( and being criticised for not doing a search first) and getting full status to read all of forum?!
i use alot of forums as they are useful knowledge bases so i always tend to read rather than post but it seems i am penailsed for this - i not from reading other threads that there is some debate about this and in gaining access to the for sale section in particular! - i may want some wheels!!!
d

Hi Darren,

it is not a mega number of posts mate, so some friendly banter will get you there...

No harm in asking we are a friendly bunch really!..

Darren, ask away. We will be reviewing some of the forum structure and rules in the new year, don't worry nobody is here to chastise you if you're making genuine enquiries.

Cheers

thanks. posting away. want to know my car is all good before i go for map, so back to my thread on servicing!

By the way you're a full member now anyway so you should be able to see the whole forum buddy.

Hello, does anyone know if this remap works on Accord?
http://www.civinfo.com/wiki/index.php?***le=DIY_Remap_with_Galletto_1260

Same engine etc.

Hello, does anyone know if this remap works on Accord?
http://www.civinfo.c...h_Galletto_1260

Same engine etc.

Not worth it. I remember being looking at the before but I thought no-way was I putting that on my car. The member who created it was banned from the Civinfo forum. Just pay a professional tuning company for a file-only map. You won't regret it. PM Faddy here on the forum about it ((http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/user/4-f6had/))

Don't even risk it. The checksum will be totally different from software to software on the Civics, let alone the Accords.

The engines are not identical and even small changes to an engine introduces big software changes. Furthermore things like torque limiter settings are totally different on Accords, Civics, CRV's etc.

You can use the Galletto 1260 to DIY flash, I can supply you the software (email me for a price).

Don't even risk it. The checksum will be totally different from software to software on the Civics, let alone the Accords.

The engines are not identical and even small changes to an engine introduces big software changes. Furthermore things like torque limiter settings are totally different on Accords, Civics, CRV's etc.

You can use the Galletto 1260 to DIY flash, I can supply you the software (email me for a price).
Ok, I will try to look for local tuner in Lithuania. if not I will let you know.