What's new

CL7 Premium Sound system - Want to install single DIN

uknowiama

Members
Reaction score
Car
CN1->FD2->DC2->CL7
As you might have seen elsewhere, I've recently got myself a Euro R. It came with the original headunit from Japan and no band expander installed. So can only pickup radio 2. I also want to connect my iphone to play music and make calls.

So thought the best way to do this is install a single DIN radio that can do all these things. I dont have any steering wheel controls and just need to keep the original head unit for the climate control. And was thinking I could use the single din pocket underneath the original stereo with the flap, if possible.

Has anybody done this? would a decent fitter beable to do this for me? I dont have the time or skills to do it myself. I don't need any sound from the original stereo. So is it a question of driving all the speakers from the new head unit and bypassing the old head unit and the original amp?

Thanks in advance.

It can be done mate, You can get a double din in down there as well. I am sure someone will be along soon to give you some pointers. There may even be a DIY somewhere.

check out my double din install bud :) same process as single unit and single unit facial adaptor is more widely available :) any probs drop me a pm(if your nearby would give you a hand bud)

check out my double din install bud :) same process as single unit and single unit facial adaptor is more widely available :) any probs drop me a pm(if your nearby would give you a hand bud)

Thanks for the offer, but I'm in Hereford and you're in East London? So not gonna work unfortunately.

I have a brodit dock for my iphone, that has a connector on it and then you can plug a lead into that. So you just push the phone into the mount and is connected. Then I have a cable that splits to a usb and 3.5mm line out. I have used this in my golf, so that I have the phone mounted on the dash in easy reach ruuning the tomtom, whilst listening tunes at the same time. From memory the ipod x-carlink locks out the ipod. Anyone used the USB X-carlink to run an iphone? I just want the 3.5mm line in to get sound into the headunit aux and then use usb to keep the phone charged. I still want to be able to drive everything from the phone.

If it does, I could look to get a ukdm second hand premium sound system headunit to replace the jap one. I could then look at a seperate system for hands free if it came to it?

What are people's experiences? What do people think?

Actually, found this link now:

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/4279-aftermarket-stereo-or-xcarlink/page__st__20

So swinging back to installing a single DIN unit below the original one. Can anyone recommend one?

It really depends on what functions you are looking for- Bluetooth/USB, phone connectivity, and how it blends in with the dash. I have this single din:
http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/121/61/MVH-8300BT/index.html

It really depends on what functions you are looking for- Bluetooth/USB, phone connectivity, and how it blends in with the dash. I have this single din:
http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/25/121/61/MVH-8300BT/index.html

Nice bit of kit. I have the holder for the phone and tomtom, so happy to use that for controlling mp3 tracks and navigation and answering calls. It will be in my eye line and in easy reach. Just need something to do the BT and take in the sound from the iPhone. FM radio. Maybe DAB radio?

I've just had an Alpine CDE-136BT installed in my S2000. It does all that you require (including DAB). Great sound that can be finely tuned.

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-alpine-cde-136bt_p-27582.htm

If you don't need DAB, then a slightly cheaper version CDE-135BT:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-alpine-cde-135bt_p-27581.htm

Was wondering if anyone can help? I've tried PM'ing ukaccord, but system says he can't receive messages? :(

Still progressing with doing a single DIN install in the Euro R. Have found a guy in Hereford who installs stereo who would be able to do it, but he has never done a 7th Gen accord before. They install headunits as well as an approved Parrot in car kit installer. So he needs some more info before he can quote me and do the work. Have looked at ukaccord's thread for most information. Would anyone be able to answer any of the following questions?

1. Does the 7th Gen have a full CANBUS system? Said installer is worried about shorting something out when having to do work on the wiring? Or is it all done with adaptor harnesses and you don't need to touch the wiring. I saw J4JAV had pm'd you to use a Parrot connector / adaptor, do you have a link to one?

2. I want to be able to use the aerial in the rear screen still, but I believe this is powered? How do we go about making sure that the aerial is still powered when connected to the new head unit?

3. My car has the premium sound system fitted (not sure if yours was the same?) and IIRC there is a separate amplifier for this? Can we get rid of this now that the new head unit will be driving the speakers? Or do we need to keep it in situ?

4. How do you get power to the old head unit to be able to keep the display for the air con powered?

5. Also what do people think of this adaptor plate and harness?

http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_product.php?partno=CT24HD04

I am using someone else to do the work, because I don't have the confidence to cut wires, run new power feeds, etc. But if there was just adaptor harnesses to make it all work then I would do the install myself. I've previously installed an x-carlink behind the dash of my old diesel Accord, so have no problems taking the dash apart.

I think I've covered everything, but if anyone can think of anything else I need to know could you well... let me know B)

Thanks in advance for everyone's input :)

What id do is fit this

http://carstereos4u.co.uk/cl441dsp-jlaudio-clean-sweep-oem-audio-interface.html

He doesn't need the cleansweep, just be wasting money.

If you not going to be using stock hu for sound, you just feed the aftermarket hu with 12v/switched you can take this feed from stock hu by using an adapter. Then tap into the inputs going into amp using pre-outs so you'll need a hu with 4 full channel pre outs, or bypass it totally but if your paying for the install it'll be expensive to bypass stock amp as it involves a fair bit of work.

No canbus

Harness are available to do most things, but you still need to tinker abit with the harnesses to get it to work properly but keeps splicing stock wiring to a minimum.

If you want just a single din to replace stock hu, I may be able to help you do it but depends on timings.

I've got a nice kenwood hu with 4 pre outs plus sub , bluetooth streaming, handsfree, usb and all that malarky.

I will pm you my number, just call me if you need any help, i'll try my best to sort you out.

Pete I've done a double din install on my mates car which is on this forum as a writeup.
Pm me also if you need some advice, we can talk on the phone

TypeR said:
Pete I've done a double din install on my mates car which is on this forum as a writeup.
Pm me also if you need some advice, we can talk on the phone
Which car is that? Do you have a link and maybe pictures of what you done?
Ive sent you a message as I need some help on mine