What's new

Auxiliary belt help!

peely

Members
Reaction score
Car
04' CL7, 90' EF6
I got hold of a gates 7pk1760 and it's too long! Car is a 2004 k20a6.

Icomparing it with the own belt, it's about 50-60mm too long I reckon.

Am I alone? Anyone else had this issue?

You probably have the short version fitted with one of the pulleys removed.
Have a look hear.

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/11236-short-aux-belt/

Isn't the shorter belt just for the diesels?

Is there a number on the belt you removed?

Thanks fellas.

No number on the existing belt.

Spoke to Honda and there's a few variants for the petrol model - based on the AC pulley/pump.

Mine needs a 38920-RBA-004 according to the chassis number. A quick google revealed that this is a 1690mm belt.

hi all,

I have the same issue as I want to replace the drive belt, anyway I will take it out these days and hope it still have a number on it, but this is the VIN No. JHMCL76803C210096 the engine No. K20A6 and if can anybody to confirm the correct belt?
Which one from bellow is correct:
1. 7PK1781
2. 7PK1775
3. 7PK1750
4. 7PK1760
5. 7PK1690

I have looked all over the internet and I didn't find for somebody saying the correct number for this belt, it's like a secret!
Cheers, Chris

The 7PK1760 is for the 2.4 if I remember correctly. The K20 in the Accord takes the 7PK1690 or there abouts.

Actually is your Accord an SE model with EPS? This would be different

no, it's not with EPS, I have the normal steering pump...
thanks for your attention...
now the sign from the tensioner is a little after the long rectangular at the start of the small rectangular to the front of the car,but the belt doesn't make any noise, only that the engine has some vibration and I'm thinking is from the belt when the alternator starts to charge the battery.
when I start the A/C the vibration is get more powerful.
so for the start i want to change the belt, so which is the correct one? which 7PK......?
i've looked on ebay and i didn't find any 7PK1690 but instead i found 7PK1685-only from gates!
i really wait a firm confirmation what is the current belt for my car and of course this will help others!

Well the difference between a 1690 and 1685 is minimal. But if the belt is sitting right and the tensioner is between the small and large rectangle, then it looks ok.

Only other option is to take the belt off and measure it?

dear jayok,

tomorrow i till take the belt out and measure, but isn't the possibility that it will be larger because she has expanding causing the tensioner to move forward?

i have 2 options:
1. to take 7PK1760 - from ebay seller - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300935522269?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 and put and see if it is the same and if is not then to contact the seller and explain is to long...and send it back!
2. to take 7PK1685- from ebay seller - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fan-Belt-Drive-Belt-Ribbed-Belt-7pk-Choose-Length-855-to-1835mm-7-Rib-/400440058648?pt=UK_WSJL_Wholesale_GL&var=670075545202&hash=item5d3c166318

but really nobody changed or everybody changed with OEM Honda? if so can someone tell here wich 7PK is the correct number?

Sorry - I wasn't clear. I did change it and used a 7PK1690 belt. I got this from my local motor factors. This was on a 2003 car. But it was hydraulic steering pump on the car. If you want to be 100% use OEM or measure.

yes jayok,
mine is accord from 2003 and has hidraulic steering pump on it, too.
anyway tomorrow i will take it out and measure to see exact the length and then I will order one and say here what 7PK i bought!
how much did you pay for it? also i can not find 7PK1690, how you can see the only part i can find is 7PK1685 or 7PK1705!
what make is gates/contitech/dayco?

i got message from seller no.1 which sale the 7PK1760 and said:

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
Our system says that this item number is deffinately the correct one for your vehicle.
7PK1759
Kind Regards,
Rikki - Customer Support

€28

Ok - let us all know!

hi,
i have measured the drive belt and it's 1780mm, so for my car details the correct belt is 7PK1780...
so which one i take 7PK1760 or 7PK1775 obviously that 1775 is more closer to 1780 than 1760...but the seller of 7PK1760 insist that this 7PK1760 will sure fit...how come when is 2cm shorter?

Hello,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can confirm that this item will fit your application. Please use the Buy It Now option and we will get your item picked and dispatched ASAP.
(7pk1760)

I already bought the 7PK1760 and now I will wait to arrive so I can put so see if it fits!

Did you measure the inside or outside of the belt?

the outside of the belt...it's possible that the inside to be 1760 if the outside is 1780?

the outside of the belt...it's possible that the inside to be 1760 if the outside is 1780?

Yep - you measure the inside as this is the distance around all the pulleys.

I hardly wait for my drive belt to come.
I ordered a continental contitech belt for almost 13 quid.
I do think it's the same quality as gates but not as good as bando or mitsuboshi.
The belt is off for 2 days now, could this be a problem for the tensioner? I think not but you what you think of this?
Tomorrow should the belt to come if not Friday.

I have a feeling that I will receive a dayco drive belt and not a continental.
Dayco is same quality as gates or continental?
So what should i do? Keep dayco if I will receive or send it back?
oem>gates=dayco>continental this is the quality order?

my felling was right...i did receive a dayco belt 7PK1759 made in italy...
So what should i do? Keep the dayco belt or send it back and ask for a continental belt?
oem>gates=dayco>continental this is the quality order?

No idea on the "quality" of the Dayco belt, though the Gates is very well made. Here's a review on that very question:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/dayco-qa/

I suppose at the least the Aux belt isn't "critical" like the Timing belt (not that you want an Aux belt shattering over the engine bay). But if it seems ok, I'd fit it and monitor over a few weeks.

jayok, at this moment the belt is on the car fitted without a problem...no noise now and yes i must monitor the belt a few weeks...
if i want to change it i must do it in max 30 days of receiving from today...
very nice the posted link by you...it had calm me down a little bit about the dayco quality...
if i will have problems i will sure post here...