• Saloon

Votes: 14 70.0%

• Total voters

mac5

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 SE Executive
Having this conversation in the office...

We're split on it as each has it's own merits...

Saloon for style, security etc.

Hatchback for practicality.

I'm glad I've got the saloon for keeping my tools and camera gear in when transporting it, but wish I had a hatch for my bike and fishing gear :lol:

Saloon - need a boot for the enormous spoiler.

The seats don't even fold down, stiffened chassis etc... :wub:

Saloon! It's hard to explain why but I think the accord looks nicer with a longer rear

My preference is saloon, not just because I have one, but most of my cars have been the (usually rarer) booted models, I prefer the seperate boot, faster to heat in winter, faster to cool in summer and more secure as well as the looks on bigger saloons are usually better.

Rear wiper, I can live without.

I have a feeling when I move in a few weeks, the saloon will be less practical than my Citroen C2 was, though...

Everyone knows that the Tourer is by far the best shape!

Neither! Estate/Tourer for the win :lol: .

Nah, the tourer has a nice line. I reckon the 7th gen tourer is the nicest looking of all the Accords from all gens :blink: .

But then I was raised on a diet of Volvo 240s and Volvo 740s (I love my square backends :lol: ), gig with large musical instruments and have a young child, so estates are really the only properly viable option for me. It's just a bonus they look so sweet ;) .

I voted saloon. I just think they look a little better than the hatch....and you can't get type r as a hatchback :D

I've never understood large hatches myself, Ford Focus sized - yes, but a Mondeo sized hatchback seems silly to me. It's a massive compromise, an estate is easy to stiffen because it's just a tube, a saloon, the same, because it's got the rear bulkhead or an area below the rear window where you could add a support, but hatcbacks have big wobbly holes in the back, can't carry much more than a saloon and just don't look the part.

Hmm, I think the saloon looks better, looks much more planted, although I am biased here, but my dad has the hatch version and I think it looks rather nice and it is much more practical.

I went for the hatchback. after ten years of saloons its good to have the practicality. Like the vtec power its nice to know its there when you need it.

I like the hatch, it has a nicer *** in my opinion :) plus I can actually get stuff in the back with the seats down - my old A4 saloon was a nightmare for lugging anything bigger than suit cases, whereas my hatch I can fit the base boards of my model railway in. Saying that, I've got the Xsara estate now so I could live with a saloon!

my hatch I can fit the base boards of my model railway in.

Model railway? :unsure: ;)

Should get a tourer mate, I've had a few arcade machines in the back of mine. Bet you can't do that in the hatch :lol:

Model railway? :unsure: ;)

Should get a tourer mate, I've had a few arcade machines in the back of mine. Bet you can't do that in the hatch :lol:

My guilty pleasure :D

I have a roughly 20' by 4' layout that splits into several smaller boards. It was actually built professionally by a bloke called John Wylie when he authored a Haynes manual on the subject, I spotted it for sale in Portsmouth on eBay and just had to have it!!

I do like the tourers, but my only problem would be that they're too nice to use as a work horse :) I regularly fill the Xsara with stuff I wouldn't want touching the interior of a car I cared about! I've also promised myself that if I do buy a new car on finance it'll be a brand new CRV :wub: