What's new

Accord 2004 - damaged repeater lens

simontown

Members
Reaction score
Car
2004 Accord Tourer
Hi Guys,

The nsf indicator lens is cracked on my 2004 Tourer and I wondered how easy this is to replace?

The part isn't cheap and my local dearship charge a fortune for everything!

Any one got any pics?

Thanks

Simon

the indicators part of the headlamp isn't it? the bumper has to be removed to get the headlight in and out

if you search for HID's i believe some has done a how to on removing the bumper

Yes Pauls right, you will need to access some bolts located under the bumper so you will need to remove it. I belive there is a how to guide for this somewhere on the site. May also be a youtube video. Just search for HID's

Guys,

Really sorry but I'm afraid I should have been clearer.

The repeater lens I have damaged is contained within the mirror housing :rolleyes:

Any thoughts now I've given you some decent clues on my question ;)

Cheers

Simon

Thanks Paul,

Any ideas how to remove the mirror without breaking it? :D

Cheers

Simon

Found this on a US website anyone know if this is accurate for the UK model, or got an equivalent?

2-door and Japan-Produced 4-door
Carefully insert a flat-tip screwdriver wrapped with a shop towel under the mirror holder (A) next to the lower clips :)D, then pry out on the clip portions. Take care not to scratch the mirror.

Separate the mirror holder from the actuator (C) by slowly pulling them apart while separating the adhesive portion (D) and releasing the hooks (E, F). If equipped, disconnect the mirror defogger connector (G).

If equipped, reconnect the mirror defogger connector.

Reattach the hooks of the mirror holder to the actuator, then position the mirror holder on the actuator. Carefully push on the clip portions of the mirror holder until the mirror holder locks into place.

Check the operation of the actuator.

mirror20holder201.jpg

its pretty much the same on any car the glass is clipped in. its a bit of a lottery when removing the glass as to weather it will break or not just be as careful and patient as you can

its pretty much the same on any car the glass is clipped in. its a bit of a lottery when removing the glass as to weather it will break or not just be as careful and patient as you can

Any one know how easy to replace the cracked lens?

I had a damaged indicator and was about to try to replace the "light" unit, £54 was mentioned somewhere just for the part. However a search on that site found me a complete unit, in the correct colour, never fitted as far as I can see, £35. Maybe worth a look.

Hi Guys,

Ok the part is £42.76 plus VAT and labour £110.17!!!!

Either I fit myself or follow advice above and by second hand, although on Ebay at least £60-00 at present.

Can anyone break down the process to change the lens in an idiot proof steep by step format :D

Could I switch the idigo blue housing on my unit to a replacement mirror unit?

Cheers

Simon

get yourself a copy of the tsx service manual, its well documented in there. I did it earlier this year while tracing the wiring in my euro r mirrors.

You will definately need to remove the wing mirror from the door, so that will involve taking the door card off to disconnect the wiring harness, and then accessing the screws from behind the plastic cap in the front corner, there are 3 nuts that need undone, be sure to support the wing mirror from the other side once you've removed the nuts.

Now you have the full wing mirror off the car you need to seperate the baseplate from the mirror casing, that it done by removing the 3 screws underneath. Once they are out the baseplate will seperate from the mirror casing, slide the baseplate out of the way and look for the 1 vital screw, its because of this 1 screw hidden by the baseplate that you need to remove otherwise the mirror adjustment motor will fail to come free from the housing! It's this one screw that makes the labour charge so high! If you didnt need to remove this screw you wouldnt have to remove the wing mirror of the car! Also there may be a screw clamping down the wiring harness down to the baseplate, you'll need to remove this to gain enough slack in the harness so you can feed the harness through to the mirror casing so you can move that out the way once it free.

Now you have seperated the mirror casing from the baseplate, the next step is to disassemble the mirror casing to get to the indicator unit.

20062010356.jpg

Begin by carefully priseing the glass off the mirror mounting by levering it up from the bottom so it pops off its clips, then lift from the bottom till the glue seperates and you can unhook the glass from the top. Once the glass has been removed you'll need to remove the 3 or 4 screws holding the black plastic "hood" onto the mirror casing Once thats removed you will see a few more screws holding the motor unit into the case of the mirror.

20062010358.jpg

Once the final screws are out, everything will be loose and the motor will slide out along with the indicator unit.

20062010359.jpg

20062010360.jpg

Move the motor out the way and unplug the indicator unit by the small 2 wire plug at the rear. Plug the new one in and reassemble. It's pretty straight forward, just be extra carefull when you apply pressure to the glass to get it to pop back onto the holder as i broke the adjustment for the left right alighment on my mirrors, doh!

Sorry thats the only pics i've got, it was from when i was tracing back wires for my folding mirror swap. Hope some of that help anyway.

get yourself a copy of the tsx service manual, its well documented in there. I did it earlier this year while tracing the wiring in my euro r mirrors.

You will definately need to remove the wing mirror from the door, so that will involve taking the door card off to disconnect the wiring harness, and then accessing the screws from behind the plastic cap in the front corner, there are 3 nuts that need undone, be sure to support the wing mirror from the other side once you've removed the nuts.

Now you have the full wing mirror off the car you need to seperate the baseplate from the mirror casing, that it done by removing the 3 screws underneath. Once they are out the baseplate will seperate from the mirror casing, slide the baseplate out of the way and look for the 1 vital screw, its because of this 1 screw hidden by the baseplate that you need to remove otherwise the mirror adjustment motor will fail to come free from the housing! It's this one screw that makes the labour charge so high! If you didnt need to remove this screw you wouldnt have to remove the wing mirror of the car! Also there may be a screw clamping down the wiring harness down to the baseplate, you'll need to remove this to gain enough slack in the harness so you can feed the harness through to the mirror casing so you can move that out the way once it free.

Now you have seperated the mirror casing from the baseplate, the next step is to disassemble the mirror casing to get to the indicator unit.

20062010356.jpg

Begin by carefully priseing the glass off the mirror mounting by levering it up from the bottom so it pops off its clips, then lift from the bottom till the glue seperates and you can unhook the glass from the top. Once the glass has been removed you'll need to remove the 3 or 4 screws holding the black plastic "hood" onto the mirror casing Once thats removed you will see a few more screws holding the motor unit into the case of the mirror.

20062010358.jpg

Once the final screws are out, everything will be loose and the motor will slide out along with the indicator unit.

20062010359.jpg

20062010360.jpg

Move the motor out the way and unplug the indicator unit by the small 2 wire plug at the rear. Plug the new one in and reassemble. It's pretty straight forward, just be extra carefull when you apply pressure to the glass to get it to pop back onto the holder as i broke the adjustment for the left right alighment on my mirrors, doh!

Sorry thats the only pics i've got, it was from when i was tracing back wires for my folding mirror swap. Hope some of that help anyway.

Awesome Blue Guru,

Thanks for the excellent advice just the level of detail I need.

Will look up the service manual as well.

Thanks you!

Regards

Simon

nae bother buddy. One thing i forgot to mention, the pics above are from my euro mirror, which is not heated. So your glass wont come free unless you unplug the 2 wires for the heating, but they're both black so it could be easy to mix them up. Try to remove the glass from the holder but leave the heating wires plugged in and see if there is still enough room to work without unplugging and mixing them up. Unless you label them before you disconnect them.