What's new

Vsa

shaft32

Members
Reaction score
Car
2003 accord types
I have a 2003 accord types tourer. The vsa and triangle light have been on for a while. I had the Ecu checked and the computer said that the vsa was turned off. So I thought the switch was at fault but its not. The speed sensors are all fine. I cleaned the breaking light switch and no difference. The triangle light is on as soon as I turn the ignition on. The vsa light comes on when I do above 22 mph. No breaking just driving as normal. I need help

Very odd does the light go back out when you go below 22mph.
Or when you turn the car off as this might be a speed related problem then.

No, The light goes off when I restart the car. Think I might try and disconnect the batt and see what happens lol

This might work by disconnecting the battery.
But this sounds like a abs sencor gone as the VSA light is activated by driving the car.

Have you tried this?

I have a 2003 accord types tourer. The vsa and triangle light have been on for a while. I had the Ecu checked and the computer said that the vsa was turned off. So I thought the switch was at fault but its not. The speed sensors are all fine. I cleaned the breaking light switch and no difference. The triangle light is on as soon as I turn the ignition on. The vsa light comes on when I do above 22 mph. No breaking just driving as normal. I need help
Who checked the ECU? How do you know the speed sensors are fine? I have to ask, as it seems odd that whoever told you these were OK weren't also able to fully diagnose the fault.

Have you tried disconnecting the battery yet?

It was a garage that done it. He drove the car and it showed me what mph each wheel was doing and they were all the same going up and down mph. I will try and disconnect the batt tonight. It was too cold and snowing last night lol

Disconnecting batt made no difference starting to get annoyed now lol. Cruise control etc works fine. The triangle light stays on all the time, As soon as I turn the ignition on. The vsa light only comes on when I drive over 20 mph, no braking etc, just driving normally. I need help

I have the exact same issue, I'm gonna get it checked out at the local dealer this wednesday, I'll keep you informed...

In addition I'm getting the occasional "Check Engine"-light, but that one has been cleared earlier out as a faulty O2-sensor.

I have the exact same issue, I'm gonna get it checked out at the local dealer this wednesday, I'll keep you informed...

In addition I'm getting the occasional "Check Engine"-light, but that one has been cleared earlier out as a faulty O2-sensor.

Ok, all done, VSA light was cleared as a "Speed sensor logic malfunction" (didn't take note of the error code,sorry), and hasn't re-appeared :)

There was a bunch of other faults reistered as well, also on the ABS-unit. Mechanic found that my positive battery terminal was loose, and said the errorcodes most likely was caused by that. Hope he's right.

Anyway I'm happy I didn't have to spend half a months pay on a new VSA unit or something like that. The old family-racer is by far the best car I've ever had. The only downside is the 2.4's fuel drinkinking on everyday use, but that's long forgotten when I take it out to stretch its legs on the open road. To hear and feel that VTEC kick in always put a smile on my face, Even after six years:)

Hmm, I have the same problem with my vsa light, and have gone through the usual checks, abs sensors, brake switch etc, but still get the 84-1 sensor logic failure fault code. Honda dealer tells me that the vsa unit is gone? Really starting to do ny head in.......

I thought the vsa code was 66-1 maybe different on petrol but would double check mate???

Was getting a 64-1 fault code as well, but that was the brake pedal switch, the other code is definitely 84-1 sensor logic failure. Its doing my head in as honda tell me that means my modulator is goosed.

I just got that code too. 84-1, don't think it's the modulator. My vsa light only come on if I go over 22 mph.

Iv done a bit of looking about. It could be the egr valve. The Ecu thinks there is a bhp shortage and it confuses the vsa thinking its wheel spinning. Any one heard of that??

Iv done a bit of looking about. It could be the egr valve. The Ecu thinks there is a bhp shortage and it confuses the vsa thinking its wheel spinning. Any one heard of that??

My VSA light's been on for ages and the Accord stalls in the morning and runs rough when warm. Again, symptoms are the EGR valve.

I'm going to have it checked on the weekend but has anyone else found the EGR valve to be at fault for the VSA light to be on?

I doubt an EGR valve will cause this. Important to specify whether you are talking about a petrol or diesel Accord as the error codes are different as are the VSA modulators and subsequently the sensor logic (although the wheel speed sensors themselves are interchangeable).

You need to put the car on a diagnostic to understand what the error code actually is.

Sometimes they need a neutralisation carrying out which I can do with my HDS.

I know now that it's not the EGR valve because my car doesn't have an EGR valve (2004, 2.4, petrol, saloon).

My engine still stalls in the morning and I still have the ! and VSA lights on and I have the 84-1 code coming up.

Are the lights on the dash and error code related to the poor idle and stalling when cold?

Any advice is much appreciated. I've had this problem for months and no one so far knows what the problem is. Tough after buying a Honda because I thought they were reliable...

As per reply to your other post 84-1 means it needs a vsa neutralisation to be carried out.

What a life saver that link is, just done that for my 84-1 and sorted my vsa problem out. Cheers lads some very helpful information out there