What's new

HID's on 2 different bulbs?

keef247

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord
how do you run dual beam hids if your low beam is h7 and high beam is h1? Do you just run 2 sets of single beam hids or can 2 sets not be run at once simultaneously? or will 1 disengage when the other turns on? confusing me badly!

I basically just want to put a set in my 2000 Accord Saloon 2.0i SE but I don't know the best way to go about it as this confuses me!

I would be happy if needs be to run a set of dual beam h7's and just use them instead of the h1 as the high beam (if possible so same as h4 both high/low on the same bulb) but every person on ebay i've messaged says their h7 is single beam... what if I had a set of h7 dual beams and engage high beam it comes on will the standard h1 still be on as high alongside it or will the hid take priority and work whilst the h1 doesn't?

So confusing sorry!

from what I've been told about HID you shouldn't use them for your full beam as when flashing to let people in etc it doesn't give them enough time to warm up properly thus ruining life span of bulbs, better off uprating the H7s to HID and the H1s to an extreme brilliance or the like

hope this helps

from what I've been told about HID you shouldn't use them for your full beam as when flashing to let people in etc it doesn't give them enough time to warm up properly thus ruining life span of bulbs, better off uprating the H7s to HID and the H1s to an extreme brilliance or the like

hope this helps

thanks for your input, it was more the fact of can I do it though and what happens if I run both on hids and is that possible or would it overload the battery or short anything more than anything. I'll be ever so slightly tinting my headlights anyway as they're scruffed and scratched and cannot source a mint set so will literally mildly tint them (I HATE TINTS usually but the mildest one should look ok and hide scratches and being a black car with black wheels black tints it should look ok)

got an ebay link to some really good h1's?

any good links to taking my 2000 saloon bumper off? gonna need to also take the headlights out as there is no room! do I have to take the wings off to undo the last bolt like on my ek civic?

It's also because then all my lights including led sidelights match up and doesn't look cheap and tacky with yellow bulbs and new looking hids etc for low beam (resale wise as well) and where I live there's tons of forest roads etc so it's crucial as I'm always driving around late when no-ones about so having the high beam hid giving me ridiculous distance to spot animals and rubbish on roads like fallen trees etc would literally be a life saver. when I had hids in the civic they stopped me from having a few close ones. plus I obviously will never use the high beam with oncoming traffic so won't blind anyone anymore than having hids.