What's new

Airbag removal

DjDemonD

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.0 Vtec SE
Hello all. First post. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer with this question.

I've recently bought a 2000 Accord and have removed the cloth seats in it and replaced them with leather ones. The problem is the cloth seats had side airbags in them, the new leather ones do not. The SRS light is now permanently lit. I have been through the SRS reset procedure I found on another site http://www.superhonda.com/forum/536559-post5.html but it doesnt work as the side airbags are not present and once reset it immediately goes back to error.

Does anyone know any way to trick the SRS system into thinking the side airbags are present?

I have measured the resistance of the airbags on the cloth seats and it is 0.32ohm so it basically doesnt have any. Does anyone know how the SRS system actually tests to see if the airbags it expects to be present are actually there? There are only two wires to each airbag.

Another question is the driver side electric window controlled by any electronics, mine will go all the way down and then back up in steps but after that it stops working and the only way to kick it back into life is to stop engine take key out and then start it uo again. I wonder if there is a control unit for the front electric windows that I can try replacing.

Anyways sorry to ask so many questions....

Cheers
Si.

Hello Mate
Normally we encourage new members to introduce themselves in the newbie section before they begin posting. This way we know this new member is genuine and not just here for a quick question.

I think firstly you have bought the wrong seats for your car. I think if they have no airbags then you have the 5th gen seats. Can you confirm what generation seats they are?

Welcome along Si, please go and say hello in the newbies section..

Oh and remember, Google is your friend :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RECARO-Universal-Resistor-Airbag-Jumper-Wire-Cable-/350280443971?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item518e576843

I was about to say something along the lines of a resistor will be needed, but the Big F beat me too it... welcome to the club.

Frigging expensive though. I am sure you could get something cheaper from Maplins?