What's new

spare wheels

ivan66

Reaction score
Car
accord tourer
i have joined tonight to see if any one can help me,i have a 61 plate accord tourer,tonight i got a puncture and the ***** kit did not fix it so had to call out the tyre people!!is there any body out there who has managed to fit even a space saver under the floor area of the car,when i tow our caravan its cool as i can put a spare in the van

There are quite a few thread on this. Use the "Google custom search" left of the yellow "Search" button, it uses gogle to search in the forum.

I can't confirm about the 8th gen, but the 7th gen Tourer has enough room for a full spare if you take out the cardboard boot thing. If you do the latter, then you can get a space saver in there and still have room to put other things in there.

I recently bought a spacesaver wheel from a company in Northern Ireland (not sure if I can mention company names or not). I found them through www.partsgateway.co.uk. The lack of a spare tyre was a concern to me when I bought my car (also a 61 reg Tourer) but the dealer told me just to ring Honda ***istance if I had a problem.

Some seem to advocate buying a new tyre and wheel but a smaller size one (205/60/16) than the 17 inch standard wheel. In order to accommodate it you will need to remove the trim in the boot and fit the wheel into the floor area below.

I have a barnd new 8th Gen. Space Saver and foam tool tray inc. tools for sale if any one's interested in the For Sale section on this forum.

Welcome to TA and yes a space saver will fit

I have a barnd new 8th Gen. Space Saver and foam tool tray inc. tools for sale if any one's interested in the For Sale section on this forum.
New members can't access for sale/wanted forums until they have made 10 posts.

I suggest you PM the OP.

I've purchased a 16" steel wheel and tyre from www.mytyres.co.uk for £112 delivered. Its the 205/60/16 size, as fitted to the ES model.

The tourer under floor trim unclips with 4 black plastic clips in the corners, lift out the carpet, then remove the foam tray holding the jack and tools, you'll then see there is room for a spare wheel.

You can also buy the bolt and bracket to fix it down from Honda parts, for around £7, the screw hole is already in the car floor.

This is cheaper than buying a space saver from Honda, £170, and doesnt restrict you to 50mph, esp. Dangerous on motorway...

Remember to stash the jack, tools and locking bolt in the side compartments!

I was thinking of getting a 16" too but then got offered a 17" alloy and tyre so use that now. Boot space hasnt been a problem yet, though reduced slightly. When I need more space I'll get a 16".

What is the spec of the 16" rim? Offset, 6J?, centre bore thingy etc. I think this info would be useful for people as its cheaper and a safer option than the Honda rubber band.

Hi RacyJace,

Just go onto the Complete wheels section on www.mytyres.co.uk select Honda Accord 8th gen, chose 16" steel wheel with summer tyres. They look in the catalog to supply the right wheel, 5 stud 114 etc. These Germans are used to supplying steel wheels for winter tyres. Took 4 days from Germany DHL, excellent service.

I chose a Nankang tyre, chinese special I know, but its only a spare wheel, keeps the cost down.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/Steel_wheels_summer.html

My full size spare I purchase from Mytyres.co.uk is now up for sale as I've since sold my Accord Tourer, I've put a post up in the for sale section -

Cheers,

Never used spare wheel and tyre - I purchased this from http://www.mytyres.co.uk/ for my 2008 Honda accord 2.2 iDtec Tourer as it only had the tyre fixing kit in the boot. I removed the tyre fixing kit and storage box from the boot and this full size spare wheel fitted straight in no problem. I've since sold the car and never needed to use the spare, hence it's up for sale. Ideal for a 2008+ Accord Tourer - I understand this would not fit in the saloon though as the boot is too shallow.
Tyre - 215 60 R16V
Wheel - 5 x 114.30 x 64.00
Sorry but collection only as too big for me to ship - can collect from Woking or Egham (Surrey)

Ebay link -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16-Steel-Wheel-with-215-60-R16v-Tyre-never-used-was-Accord-2008-Tourer-spare-/151228753703?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Rims_Car_Wheels_ET&hash=item2335efa727#ht_253wt_1179

ivan66 said:
i have joined tonight to see if any one can help me,i have a 61 plate accord tourer,tonight i got a puncture and the ***** kit did not fix it so had to call out the tyre people!!is there any body out there who has managed to fit even a space saver under the floor area of the car,when i tow our caravan its cool as i can put a spare in the van
i would think your wheels are 17inch like mine so get yourself a 17inch spare wheel from mytyres this fits in the underwell ok but you have to take out the storage box.