What's new

i just cant help myself

waggy02

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord ex 2.4
hi all,
i purchased this 2.4 exec off a friend at work, got it for peanuts but had to fit a new timing chain as it slipped a tooth,
it had been off the road a year so had my work cut out getting it back to life, very happy tho when i finished and it burst back into life.
so i was thinking about modding, at the moment its only small mods for example,
before:
IMG-20130305-00026_zpsbc941ba0.jpg

after:
IMG-20130305-00028_zps3ba1fb97.jpg

it still needs the rear bumper spraying and i am planning on getting a custom 2.5 inch cat back stainless system fitted, also fitting silver tec bulbs to get rid of the orange tinge
and that should be it for the rear
what do you think and are there any mods that suits the cl9?

that's looking nice for a 2003 7th gen

were there any problems with the valves, or was it ok with a new chain fitted and realigned ??

the engine was fine, it was lucky really,
i had an astra a while back that i did the belt on, mis-alined it by one tooth and the engine played up so i re did it correctly and it work fine.
so when my friend said that the timing had gone but had managed to get it home i knew the engine was fine internally,
so some genuin honda parts later and this is what i got:
IMG-20130301-00025_zpsd62601b0.jpg

Took me ages to work out what had changed- duh!

i'm glad you said that, i am really going for the subtle mods
really like the standard look, but want to do mods that someone will need telling it isnt standard

jrsc?
i was thinking coilovers...
concerned abit about the ride, wanting to keep its exec feel

mine is exec and its on coils and its friggin great...its a harder ride than standard but way more fun to drive.

had a productive bank hol, nothing majour but i managed to fix the cruise control and have a working driver door speaker now,
i replaced the standard speaker with an aftermarket speaker that i bought for my astra, abit of dremeling and vohla
just to sound deaden and do the other door, happy as chips

the deadening arrived...but so did the rain
so here is how i left it yesterday (but the speaker would have been fitted)

And this is how the rain ended the state of play for the first half

Are you putting the deadening on the inside of the door too?

Would acoustic speaker wadding aid in better sound? I know the glass goes up and down but Im pretty sure something could be worked out.
There was quite a bit of the stuff stuck on the back of the 8th gen door cards so it got me thinking. For £3 I suppose its worth a try.

i've stuck it to the outter panel and both sides of the inner panel, i've never tried wadding because wiring, heat and a dry fabric dont really match
i've used skins sound deadening because its slightly cheaper to dynamat and because the audio performance that i'm doing, it can easily keep on top of it
this is it finished after the rain let up for a little bit

just other side to go

Looks good man

:)

well the new grille arived today, not as excited as i thought i would have been when i noticed the four lower clips have been broken off
dont you just love unhonest ebayers? didnt list as broken but managed to cover himself in the description by saying to contact before bidding for more detail and more pictures
but anyway its fit and it isnt as loose as i thought it was going to be but shall see
what you think?

i still have the type s splitter to fit later this month and either a fog light to fit or cold air intake
also a few more suitable mods but i will get on with those later

have the car back, the wheels will look amazing in the sun and with a clean car, its a metalic anthrcite colour (very close to original just more shiney)

splitter and k and n tomorrow

finally turned up and finally fitted

makes a big difference and the induction roar is awsome

Looking good man. Now get that badboy lowered B) .

Few mods have more bang for buck than lowering. Either on springs or go whole hog with coil overs. Just get it done, you won't look back.

i am wanting coil overs, does need dropping, i've just fit the splitter and would look better closer to the floor
trying to justify to myself spending 600-800 on suspension

I don't know about your splitter looking better nearer the floor. I'm just looking at the fact you could fit a small town between your wheel and the arch :lol: ;)

just finished playing in the rain fitted the splitter and had my first go at carbon, dont know what to do with the 'H'

Looks good man. I'd leave the "H" as is.